Updated School Holiday Calendar (all states)

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 20, 2019 at 19:05
ThreadID: 137993 Views:3561 Replies:5 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
After receiving a few feedback comments that our page listing Australia-wide school holidays for each state was not complete for 2019 I've been working through this over the past few days and its almost done - all states except Tas, which I'll finish off tomorrow.

You can see the School Holiday Calendar page here
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 4 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Rod N (QLD) - Wednesday, Mar 20, 2019 at 20:00

Wednesday, Mar 20, 2019 at 20:00
A correction if I may for Queensland. In April school actually resumes Tue 23 Apr. Mon 22 is Easter Monday. Victoria is correct.
AnswerID: 624524

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Mar 20, 2019 at 23:30

Wednesday, Mar 20, 2019 at 23:30
Yes but technically the public holiday is not a school holiday but a national holiday so should appear in a separate colour...I will check if national holidays are showing up though ;) thankyou - please advise any/all corrections needed!
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 898021

Reply By: Member - Rod N (QLD) - Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 08:19

Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 08:19
Thanks Michelle for what you have done. I don't want to be too pedantic and have you spending too much time on this. It is just my picky nature.
The Vic list has 22 Apr as a school hol. Technically 19 Apr is Good Friday, so not a school hol??
Some public hols such as ANZAC day are shown, but not Easter.
Sorry.
AnswerID: 624530

Reply By: Member BarryG - Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 09:27

Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 09:27
Michelle,
Looks good! I didn't know this page even existed. How do people find this page without clicking on the link in your post?
Barry
AnswerID: 624533

Follow Up By: Member - cruza25 - Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 09:50

Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 09:50
Hi Barry
Menu
Articles
Updated articles
Then scroll to holiday planners

Took me a few minutes too

I must explore the menus a bit more

Cheers
Mike
FollowupID: 898027

Reply By: Member - Sn00py2 (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 10:49

Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 10:49
Hi Michelle,

Look very good but could you make it printer friendly. When I print it out there is no shading of the various dates.

Thanks,

Michael
AnswerID: 624535

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 13:26

Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 13:26
Right mouse from your computer, select Share to Print, select your printer, then check options for print background graphics is selected.

Here is how it looked for me:

Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 898040

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 11:42

Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 11:42
Ah ok bugger.... looks like now I have to bring the National & State Public holiday dates up to date also. I think last update was about 5 years ago - we were able to forward date the whole calendar and then it suddenly ran out. Ok, give me a few more days yet to complete, its rather laborious.

FYI for those not clear about other resources like this on our website, go to the top left of the website, click MENU, then click ARTICLES, then click SECTION - you'll notice there are 769 articles in this part of the site - this cover all manner of relevant things to trip planning, vehicle setup, communications, on the road issues, etc.

You might also look in the MENU and find the RECIPES section, and the WILDFLOWERS sections.

Lots of great content to explore ;)

NOTE: ignore any links to Road Condition reports. A shame after more than 15 years of providing this free service it was just unviable to continue updating and things have changed such that the reporting sources are now much easier to find and better organised so you shouldn't really need to rely on us sourcing the info. The pages are still there as at the top of each section you'll see the link and contact details for where you can go to get the updates from the source responsible for reporting on each area. I've yet to figure out how to re-purpose this section and tidying it up but for now just ignore the page content as yes it is out of date and there is no intention, read - we will not be updating the reports.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 624536

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 14:28

Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 14:28
Ok looks like all the National Public Holidays that fall on the same date each year are already there for all states, but its just Easter dates causing problem because of course they change dates each year so has to be manually added... grrr. Ok I will fix this folks, thanks for helping me find the pattern.

We used to have all the holidays documented in our beautiful A3 printed wall calendar for sale from our shop featuring Member's submitted photos but due to insufficient sales to reach our minimum ordering requirements from the printer and the loss of money we incurr over the past few years from attempting to offer this product it was withdrawn. Shame, I still like an old fashioned printed calendar - don't you? LOL
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 898041

Follow Up By: Member - johnat - Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 17:55

Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 17:55
Michelle,
A bit tongue in cheek, but Easter shouldn't be too hard ...
Easter falls on the weekend closest to the third full moon after Christmas. So, all you have to do is get the moon phases correct and Easter should just fall into place! ;)
FollowupID: 898047

Follow Up By: equinox - Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 18:19

Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 18:19
or more precisely:
Easter Sunday falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon following the Equinox.

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 898048

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 18:37

Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 18:37
And here is a link to an Excel formula that returns the date of Easter Sunday.

Link
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 898049

Sponsored Links