fuel comsumpstion for 85 swb nb pajero

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 21:02
ThreadID: 13802 Views:3956 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all I recently bought a 1985 swb nb pajero with a 2.6l 1990 ulp motor. I have found after a few trips that the fuel comsumumption is quite high with it being around 6 to 7 kms per litre. I was wondering if this is normal. If it is not I was wondering if anyone had some tips to lower it.

cheers patrick
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Eric Experience. - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 21:35

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 21:35
Patric.
The first unleaded pajeros were a disater as far as tuning is concerned, but there is an easy fix. Because the very first batches of unleaded were very low in octane these motors were detuned to reduce detonation. Now the unleaded is much better and the motor can be retuned to the leaded spec and give you much more power and better economy, I know this sounds unlikely but I have done a few with good results. The simplest way is to get a 2.6 sigma with the last of the leaded motors and change the carby and distributor over. If you want to use the original parts you can get the carby rejeted and the disy regraphed to the leaded spec. The next step is to get the camshaft out of an injected magna and cut the water pump drive of the camshaft and install it in you pajero. Eric.
AnswerID: 63327

Sponsored Links