Trans Australian Rail Line.

Submitted: Monday, Apr 08, 2019 at 15:08
ThreadID: 138128 Views:3175 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone travelled from Rawlinna along the Trans Rail line to Loongana then turned south to Madura or done this track the reverse way? We are travelling Nth to Sth on the Connie Sue Highway in June and was wondering what sort of Rd conditions we would encounter if we took this route. Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick O - Monday, Apr 08, 2019 at 15:49

Monday, Apr 08, 2019 at 15:49
Not quite that far due to.i restrictions and weather. Turned off at Haig and went down to Cocklebiddy that way. Reasonable tracks across the Nullarbor as you head south but expect patches of exposed limestone. Trans is usually in good nick as far as outback roads go but always dependent on amount of use and what weather has affected it.

Video may give you some idea of what to expect.

Cheers

''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 624849

Reply By: equinox - Monday, Apr 08, 2019 at 17:49

Monday, Apr 08, 2019 at 17:49
I've driven most of the way on the Transline - good track, few rocky bits - expect some muddy bits after rain.

Travelled from Loongana to Madura mid December last - same description as previous.

I have bits and pieces of that track in this video from [11:46].

Cheers
Alan

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 624850

Follow Up By: Member - Mal and Naomi G - Tuesday, Apr 09, 2019 at 15:57

Tuesday, Apr 09, 2019 at 15:57
Thanks Alan, not overly worried about trans track as have traveled a fair bit of it ourselves but was more interested in the Loongana to Madura track.. We have small camper behind DMax not too worried about rocky bits (slow and easy) and has pulled well in sand dunes so far. Appreciated your feedback
FollowupID: 898407

Sponsored Links