Place Review: Border Crossing Old Coach Rd SA/WA

My Place Rating: My Rating 3/5

Please contact Mundrablla Station before taking this trip as they may be mustering and not need you passing through at that time. The station has also been asking for the money old coach road to be removed from the Hema so...
We enjoyed it when we did it towing our 5th wheeler (Winjana Ormiston 630 offroad)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Apr 12, 2019 at 14:36

Friday, Apr 12, 2019 at 14:36
Hi There 2wander-yonder, your comment made me question David and to investigate the Land Tenure Map of WA, which as you can see here, the border of WA/SA at this point is located on land that is Vacant Crown Land. See Map showing Pastoral Land Tenure in WA

In this particular area, and for the entire stretch of track that David drove, (east of Eucla) the track marked as Old Coach Road is not within any pastoral lease. They travelled from SA (from Coompana Tank) west to Eucla, where they rejoined the Eyre Hwy to travel west. This section of the Old Coach Road is still far to the east of the Mundrabilla Station pastoral lease.

The track naming data would have come originally from GeoScience source data and as you can see the track of that name does extend all the way from SA, over the border and through all the way into WA past Eucla, past Mundrabilla, and finally into Madura and not all of it is within the pastoral lease area, although the sections of it that are, are marked by signage.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 624908

Reply By: Member - 2wander-yonder - Saturday, Apr 13, 2019 at 07:52

Saturday, Apr 13, 2019 at 07:52
Hi Michelle.
My mistake. I forgot the border was before Eucla. Still a bloody good trip though and so nice to be off the bitumen.

We stopped at the same border crossing and waited for the inspector, but they didn't turn up, so it was a good job we were compliant ??

Regards,

Andrew
AnswerID: 624928

Follow Up By: David I1 - Sunday, Apr 14, 2019 at 11:44

Sunday, Apr 14, 2019 at 11:44
I did it a few years ago with my van. This is the border!
FollowupID: 898510

Sponsored Links