Suspension question

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 14, 2019 at 19:31
ThreadID: 138163 Views:2456 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Wondering what to look for on secondhand 2010 campervan it has Single Axle Simpliticity Suspension Leaf Springs and looks like leading arm, attached to a very solid beam. .CV looks like done hardly any off road wor it actually looks new. . But no expert on Suspension and want to know what to look for. Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: RMD - Monday, Apr 15, 2019 at 12:36

Monday, Apr 15, 2019 at 12:36
LAZYLUX16
While it probably works quite well, I am puzzled as to why an arm type suspension on a single axle doesn't use a coil spring, and instead has the arm (trailing or leading) but also attached to a leaf spring. It all means more complication, not Simplicity at all.
A mate has Simplicity dual axle on his 3T van and it works well, but quite heavy.
I aligned the wheels for him a while back, as the standard setting seemed to have moved causing toe in wear on LHS wheels. Since done 20,000km with normal wear.
Your system probably has adjustments for camber and or toe in/toe out too and possibly should be checked for correct alignment before using it to preserve tyres.
I do not know what settings or tyre wear pattern exists and so a person who can decipher wear, if present, ie, cause /effect, to make the correct adjustment alterations may be required
AnswerID: 624963

Reply By: swampy - Monday, Apr 15, 2019 at 22:03

Monday, Apr 15, 2019 at 22:03
Hi
Take a picture of said suspension and compliance plate then send to simplicity.

Your suspension could possibly notbe the current version .
AnswerID: 624972

Sponsored Links