2019 Jayco

Submitted: Friday, May 03, 2019 at 14:23
ThreadID: 138267 Views:3921 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just got to look at the 2019 range of jaycos, a big improvement on inside , we are new at c/ vans , asking what to look for, or ask about, are there parts of these that are rubbish , we’re only looking at the 19/20 ft range & might just squeeze in independent suspension, being new to these where likely to be somewhere where not supposed to be
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John T (Tamworth NSW) - Saturday, May 04, 2019 at 07:08

Saturday, May 04, 2019 at 07:08
Hi ray, Before you commit to anything, might I suggest a look at the FACEBOOK page - Lemon caravans and RV’s. Some very interesting reading.

Cheers
John T (Lifetime Member)
VKS-737 Mobile 2619
Selcall 2619
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours" - Richard Bach in "Illusions"

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 625346

Reply By: 1292 - Saturday, May 04, 2019 at 07:33

Saturday, May 04, 2019 at 07:33
Morning
We are on our second Jayco and have nothing bad to say about them.The outback models have served us well with the Jtech suspension being quite good for dirt roads and accessing some sites needing a bit more clearance.
They have fixed all minor things no questions asked and it goes for anything,you should service them regularly.
We found that you learn a lot from the first van and get it right with the second one.There is always 2 sides to the story to some that post on the lemon page.Go and walk around a van park and talk to owners most are happy to talk about their van
AnswerID: 625347

Reply By: Athol W1 - Saturday, May 04, 2019 at 08:43

Saturday, May 04, 2019 at 08:43
Ray

Over many years (since 1973), and some 9 vans of various manufacturers I currently have a Jayco 21.65.3 built 12/14 (my first Jayco) and it has been the least troublesome van, and also the best van to tow, that I have had.

This van has the raised version of the Jtec suspension that is used under their 'off road' version, so there is the additional clearance under the chassis, but not the chequer plate on the sides nor the larger wheels and tyres of the off road van. It has travelled on a number of dirt roads, it has currently travelled a total of 60k, having been around 'the block' on 3 occasions, with nothing more than a replacement set of tyres and a broken window.

After using this van I would be very reluctant to go back to the old beam axle and leaf springs of old, or even the leaf springs and swinging half axles of the Coromal vans. this van tows and rides soo much better.

Hope this helps.
Athol
AnswerID: 625348

Reply By: Nutta - Saturday, May 04, 2019 at 22:56

Saturday, May 04, 2019 at 22:56
Had our silverline outback new since 2015, bulletproof.
AnswerID: 625369

Reply By: CSeaJay - Wednesday, May 08, 2019 at 20:43

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 at 20:43
It depends SO much on where you tow it. Endless corrugations will kill the insides of 80% vans. There are roads and roads. The GRR for example is a highway compared to the Drysdale road to Mitchell, or the road into Ningaloo station.
So your van and many others should be ok on some dirt roads but I suspect will not survive endless rough roads. We have assisted many van owners at overnight stops fixing interiors that simply shook loose.

The whole post above does not even touch on the exterior.

Again I am not saying the Jayco is no good. What I am saying is that it depends on variables, and when the stakes are up that is where they come apart from the top Aus made offroad vans
AnswerID: 625437

Sponsored Links