Traveller App Area Shading. Turn off?

Looking at the Traveller App on my iPad and it's very very hard to read text in areas of the map where dots are used (shading) to show areas.

Is it possible to change something so these areas aren't displayed with dots (shading) included.

As an example, I'm looking at the Tallaringa Con Park, Anne Beadell Hwy. I have the 'zoom' set to 9. When I hold the iPad at arms length the text along the AB Hwy is illegible to me, but the text on the normal green areas is legible. In the car with the iPad mounted it's even worse.

Thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, May 17, 2019 at 12:38

Friday, May 17, 2019 at 12:38
The dots are Place clusters - the numbers indicate how many Places are within that region, therefore to view them you need to expand the zoom more. They are clustered to ensure the map is not too cluttered with icons everywhere when you aren't zoomed in enough to show them all. Zooming in more removes the cluster dots. You can press them to expand a little, press again until you see the actual individual Place icons. Or use the + zoom control.

Level 9 is quite low zoom. So to avoid the issue with not being able to view text just increase zoom to 13 - if offline that is the max 100% clarity of the 144K scale. If online you can zoom in further to zoom level 16 which again would make the text more legible.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 625576

Reply By: Member - cruza25 - Friday, May 17, 2019 at 13:41

Friday, May 17, 2019 at 13:41

Is this the view you mean where the text is hard to read due to the background dots or the green circles with numbers. The green circles can be removed if you deselect all the filters for points of interest
AnswerID: 625578

Follow Up By: Siringo - Friday, May 17, 2019 at 13:50

Friday, May 17, 2019 at 13:50
Hi Cruza25, yes that is exactly the view I'm referring to.

It's the dots used in the pink, green and purple shown in the shading above, the shading that's used to show a certain area, such as the Tallaringa Con Park in the image you put up, not the green circles with the numbers on them.

See that small black text along the AB Hwy? I have lots of trouble reading that, it's impossible to read when the iPad is in its holder in the car.

Can those dots be turned off or is there another map/overlay that can be used that doesn't have those shadows?
FollowupID: 899266

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, May 17, 2019 at 17:36

Friday, May 17, 2019 at 17:36
ah ok now I understand what you mean.
Well the answer is that that is map data - and currently our map is raster so no you cannot deactivate it as an overlay. Only Places are managed as overlays in the app and online. When we release the map in vector, then yes you will be able to do as you desire and turn off map features. Vector is where we are headed.

But back to your current issue - if its just the text you're trying to read - these labels are coming from the Places, so zooming or touching the individual Place icon will reveal the name in full clarity. There's only a couple of labels there anywhere.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 899267

Sponsored Links