Binns Track South of Katherine

Submitted: Monday, May 27, 2019 at 10:20
ThreadID: 138398 Views:3362 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We are planning to travel on the Binns Track, or parts of it, from north to south in July/August this year.I have read last year's thread regarding the Alice Springs/Mt Dare section. Does anyone have recent, say, 2017/18, experience of sections north of Alice please?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John - Monday, Jun 03, 2019 at 07:47

Monday, Jun 03, 2019 at 07:47
John, travelled North of Alice last June, planned to stay at Old Police Waterhole one night, ended up staying three days, great place to stop, will certainly visit again. Track in was reasonable and not a bad drive. From OPWH we travelled to Epenarra Station, had already arranged permission to travel North to Barkly Homestead, over nighted there and then next day travelled to nearly the end of Barkly Stock Route, camped over night and then on to the Highway near Elliot. Barkly Stock Route is like a super highway, very easy drive. We did get lost on Epenarra Station, followed the wrong track, eventually came to the Northern boundry and followed the fence line to the right road North. Have a great trip.
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 625943

Reply By: Member - John D46 - Monday, Jun 03, 2019 at 10:40

Monday, Jun 03, 2019 at 10:40
Thank you, John and Jan, very interesting. My understanding is that Binns Track runs west from Epenarra to the Stuart Highway. Instead, carrying on north on the stock route is attractive and food for thought! The pics look great, I can see why folks who go there enjoy the Old Police Sation Waterhole.
AnswerID: 625945

Sponsored Links