Early season Cape York

There are preciously little information around on the road conditions to Cape York. This is more so applicable to us this season as they had very late rain. I have looked at the RACQ, TMR and Cook Shire websites but all I can see is that they are open.
Can anyone with recent experience driving the roads please advise their experience on the condition of the roads?
We are travelling Lakeland Laura Coen, at Moreton taking the Telegraph Road and at Bramwell taking the Old Telegraph Track.
Appreciate any comments, thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Matthew G3 - Monday, Jun 03, 2019 at 10:54

Monday, Jun 03, 2019 at 10:54
Hi CSeaJay
Have you checked out the Facebook page Cape York Road Report [Group] yet people are posting on the road all the time. Hope this helps.

Matt
AnswerID: 625946

Reply By: rumpig - Monday, Jun 03, 2019 at 12:02

Monday, Jun 03, 2019 at 12:02
If you join MySwag forum there’s a Cape York thread running in the trips and touring section that has some replies on current conditions from a person that just got back to Cairns after being up there.
AnswerID: 625947

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Monday, Jun 03, 2019 at 18:22

Monday, Jun 03, 2019 at 18:22
Hi CSeaJay

If you contact Katrin Holmsten, she will give you the most reliable and accurate information. She usually produces an up to date newsletter monthly, and here latest report was that it is still very wet. and lots of boggings even on the PDR.

If you subscribe, you will then be kept up to date. If you are considering the Telegraph Track at the moment, best of luck, as you will need it.

Cape York Guide

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 625954

Reply By: CSeaJay - Tuesday, Jun 04, 2019 at 10:04

Tuesday, Jun 04, 2019 at 10:04
Thank you all.
Some valuable info on the facebook site and the pocket guide quite informative.

Cheers
AnswerID: 625967

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Saturday, Jun 08, 2019 at 10:30

Saturday, Jun 08, 2019 at 10:30
Hi CSeaJay

Further to my reply the other day, here is an image from the Cape Tele track from this week, so tell me if this is fun or not?

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 899735

Sponsored Links