Kyocera 3245 Cart Kits

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 11:37
ThreadID: 13852 Views:1539 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

Could anyone who has a car kit for the kycera 3245 phone please help.

I am looking at getting a car kit for this phone, but have been quoted by telstra $300 odd for supply and approx $150 odd for installation.

I nearly had a heart attack. Are these numbers correct, or are there others out there who could advise how to connect the phone to the car at a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance

TonyG
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Vince NSW - Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 11:41

Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 11:41
Have a look at some recent questions from Truckster in the forum as he has carryed out this research for you
Vince
AnswerID: 63569

Reply By: Baz (NSW) - Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 11:58

Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 11:58
Looking at trucksters post Telstra shop would be the go, post 13841.

Baz.
AnswerID: 63573

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 17:27

Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 17:27
Why do you see the price as excessive??

Thats about right, car kit for my 7110 was $590 + fitting...

As someone else said, there were a few prices I posted elsewhere, $241 was cheapest, and if Bonz can fit one anyone can.... ;)

I have the instructions here, it really is easy to do..
AnswerID: 63612

Reply By: Aston - Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 18:45

Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 18:45
TonyG

Try this Site

link text

Kyocera TXCKT10012 - QCP-3245 Hands Free Car Kit (1-3 Days) $251.90

I have bought a couple of things for my Kyocera there and find then reliable.
you have to login to do any transaction or they have a counter pickup.

Cheers Aston
AnswerID: 63628

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 19:01

Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 19:01
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39400&item=5705148835&rd=1

$99.00 for carkit
THIS KIT WILL WORK AS DESCRIBED WITH THE PHONES LISTED - OR RETURN UNDAMAGED FOR A FULL REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE. ********************************************************************************************* One Brand new GENUINE KYOCERA Professional Car Kit. Part # TXCKT0C011 . This is an Original Kyocera Accessory modified for use with a range of Kyocera mobiles. The ultimate in hands free solutions! This original Kyocera TXCKT0C011 Car Kit allows for hands-free operation of your phone while driving and rapidly charges the battery. Includes magnetic mount, speaker, external microphone, and all necessary wiring. Provides full duplex high quality sound. Nothing else compares. Optional data cable could (depending on phone model) allow you to connect to the net while in vehicle. NOTE: This kit does NOT have a cradle as it uses a magnet mount to permit use with a range of phones. This kit utilises your phones internal aerial only, while working in the vehicle. If you need to use an external antenna you may be able to buy an appropriate adaptor (patch lead) to connect DIRECT from your phone to the antenna cable. ************** EXTRA NOTE: This kit may work with the earlier 3245 - check to see if the plug on base of phone is 16mm by 4mm. NOT 14mm by 2.5mm. May also work with 7135 = do the same check please. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * When you plug your expensive mobile into a brand new kit, there is NO RISK of those tiny connecting pins in the base of your phone being DAMAGED by existing corrosion, grit, or by bent pins in the plug. And NO intermitent bad connections. But that's what could happen with someone elses 'Cast offs' if you buy second hand. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * HAVE A LOOK AT MY OTHER AUCTIONS * *
AnswerID: 63630

Reply By: smoov - Friday, Jul 02, 2004 at 22:22

Friday, Jul 02, 2004 at 22:22
Hi TonyG, you may have left your run a bit late if you want a genuine Kyocera car kit that supports an external antenna for the 3245. You see the model has recently been discontinued, and there is not a car kit left in the country. Sure there are plenty of portable plug in the lighter type solutions, but that won't give you better signal in the car. There are also what are termed as patch leads available for some models, but most people have had no end of trouble with them, from the leads falling apart due to poor manufacture to doing serious damage to the phone, again due to poor design. This is because the phone manufacturers don't make the patch leads, some backyard asian operation does. The phone manufacturer will generally void your warranty if you use one of the said patch leads.

Your only hope would be to source the cradle (spare part) out of the car kit for the 3245. It has the antenna facility built in (connection for coax cable). I think they are around $80. BTW, the street price for the car kit was from $270 to $320, a decent antenna around $100 and a pro installation again about $100.

Overall the 3245 is an excellent product, much much better than the preceding 3035. Just a shame that they have been discontinued.

Hope this helps
AnswerID: 66230

Sponsored Links