2019 EOTopo Maps Released - all versions

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2019 at 12:24
ThreadID: 138563 Views:4801 Replies:3 FollowUps:9
This Thread has been Archived
This Thread has been Locked
EOTopo 2019 Raster Version and EOTopo 2019 App Version maps have now been released. Purchase direct from ExplorOz - existing customers qualify for massive discount to upgrade from previous version/s via promo code. To get the promo code see our latest newsletter - now online and being sent via email to newsletter subscribers (opt in via your account).

This coincides with a new version release of the ExplorOz Traveller app to support the 2019 maps.

If you require assistance, please do not reach out using Forum sorry- use Live Chat. Note - a list of troubleshooting suggestions is included in the reply I have posted below. Please check this before contacting us for support as I'll only have to go through the same steps. No known bugs with this release - all issues reported so far have been resolved via the steps outlined below.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Russell P5 - Wednesday, Jun 19, 2019 at 18:13

Wednesday, Jun 19, 2019 at 18:13
Hi Michelle
I'm just trying to upgrade the app to the 2019 version. I hit the purchase button, was asked to log into Itunes which I did, and now back at the purchase page. The purchase button is faded out, but I can't see anything happening? I did update the app through the app store first.

What do I do next?
AnswerID: 626300

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Jun 19, 2019 at 18:17

Wednesday, Jun 19, 2019 at 18:17
The app store does not allow you to buy the discounted offline map pack available to customers already with a map licence - you have to buy it direct from us if you want the discount using the promo code. Go to EOTopo 2019 App Version
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 900043

Follow Up By: Russell P5 - Wednesday, Jun 19, 2019 at 18:19

Wednesday, Jun 19, 2019 at 18:19
Sorry, you've lost me here...Do we not upgrade through the app itself?
FollowupID: 900044

Follow Up By: Russell P5 - Wednesday, Jun 19, 2019 at 18:22

Wednesday, Jun 19, 2019 at 18:22
Whoops, sorry, I think I've got it sorted now. I missed the link in the newsletter. Let me just try that again...
FollowupID: 900045

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Jun 19, 2019 at 18:24

Wednesday, Jun 19, 2019 at 18:24
You have to update two things -

1. first you need to have V3.7.1 of the app to support access to the 2019 map server. this is a free update and is the app itself (ExplorOz Traveller)

2. Then to update your EOTopo offline map pack from 2018 maps to the new EOTopo 2019 you have to purchase the map (discount offered to existing licenced map owners when buying from our shop using the promo code - EOTOPOAPPUPGRADE).
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 900046

Follow Up By: Russell P5 - Wednesday, Jun 19, 2019 at 18:36

Wednesday, Jun 19, 2019 at 18:36
Ok, success. I now have the 3.7 version running. The data manager is still only showing the 2018 maps, but as I understand it, the 2019 maps will become available around the 30th June? Is that correct?
FollowupID: 900047

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Jun 19, 2019 at 18:38

Wednesday, Jun 19, 2019 at 18:38
No, you have to delete the maps from the Data Manager - or better still use the Advanced button in the app - and press Clear DB Maps (the 3rd red button down). This will then show the new maps available to download.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 900048

Follow Up By: Russell P5 - Wednesday, Jun 19, 2019 at 18:44

Wednesday, Jun 19, 2019 at 18:44
Well, I turned that into a bit of a mission, didn't I? Sorry 'bout that...

All good now, just downloading the maps. Cheers.
FollowupID: 900049

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Jun 19, 2019 at 18:49

Wednesday, Jun 19, 2019 at 18:49
That's ok but this is why we do recommend contacting us privately for your technical support issues - we urge people to use Live Chat or phone or email. The Forum is not the place for individual tech support.

Hopefully instructions are accurate and clear. (insert smiley face). Any issues are invariably related to people not going about it the right way or not using the right promo codes etc. Lots of orders coming through successfully and lots of upgrades done with no probs.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 900050

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Jun 20, 2019 at 00:51

Thursday, Jun 20, 2019 at 00:51
If anyone is encountering problems with UPGRADING from 2018 to 2019 maps in the app (ie. have been existing owners of 2018 offline maps in the ExplorOz Traveller app) then here's what you need to know/check:

1. You must have V3.7 of the app to enable access to the 2019 map server

2. iOS users as at end of June 19 did not have access to V3.7.1 which is required for access to the in-app button for purchase of the 2019 map. However this should only be used if purchasing the offline map pack for the first time as existing owners should be obtaining the upgrade via us to get the discount offer which is ONLY available when buying the map licence for 2019 directly from us (ie. in the ExplorOz shop). See point 3 below.

3. You can only use the promo code EOTOPOAPPUPGRADE in our online shop (on the ExplorOz website) as there is no option to use a promo code for this product in the app store (i.e if you purchase the map in-app you will pay $49.99 instead of $25).

4. You will have to delete the 2018 maps from your device before the Data Manager will make the 2019 versions available for download. You can use the delete buttons in the Data Manager for each map pack - or we recommend go to Advanced and click Clear DB Maps (this is the 3rd red button).

5. If you encounter any other glitches during the downloading of the 2019 maps just be patient - these are very large files to deliver via download and your session may time out for security reasons or due to internet interruptions that may not be apparent to you - they happen. Simply close the app (not just minimise). Then restart app and resume downloading. If it takes time and you have to restart numerous times, then so be it. Just be patient. These are large files to download, yet we have the best server services possible to do the job and for most people it is no problem. Consider switching services if your Wifi is slow - try mobile data.

I've updated the ExplorOz Traveller page on our website with the relevant 2019 details. Includes updates in Help/FAQ etc.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 626306

Reply By: Member - 1179 - Thursday, Jun 20, 2019 at 12:18

Thursday, Jun 20, 2019 at 12:18
Hi Michelle, downloading 577k pack on the pc comes up with error
"File Format not Recognized
Was playing up on the phone but that is working now.
Any clues?
Thanks Ray.

AnswerID: 626316

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Jun 20, 2019 at 12:44

Thursday, Jun 20, 2019 at 12:44
Support only available via LIve Chat please.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 900060

Sponsored Links