Need suggestions for camping locations

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 07, 2019 at 10:19
ThreadID: 138670 Views:5063 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hey guys, I just recently joined this forum and I'm planning a camp at the start of January next year for about 16, 18-19 year olds, this year we went to mount tambourine for 5 days and camped there which was a great time and I am looking for places similar, near South East Queensland, with a a maximum distance of about 3 hours from Brisbane. We have 4x4's so off roading is possible, but the main criteria for places I'm looking for is the ability to have a fire, open fires is a bonus, electricity would be preferred but not essential, within 20 minutes of a town to be able to pick up supplies etc., And the ability to fill up 6 days worth of activities, half of the group isn't into hiking so somewhere that's not hiking focused would be good, we all have tents so having a camping site for tents is a must, I am looking at teewah beach for some beachside camping, with some 4x4ing and exploring up north, any suggestions would be appreciated, many thanks Morgan
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Sunday, Jul 07, 2019 at 12:24

Sunday, Jul 07, 2019 at 12:24
Hi Morgan,

Kenilworth has several good campgrounds. Walks long and short. The township close by and great surroundings for a drive.

Then of course there is Fraser Island. Less than 3 hours from Brisbane.

Cooloola, Great Sandy National Park. 2 hours from Brisbane.

All the above would need booking and are busy in January.
Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 626590

Reply By: Member - Mark C (QLD) - Monday, Jul 08, 2019 at 16:44

Monday, Jul 08, 2019 at 16:44
There are a couple of parks with camping on the goombura valley road and also on paddy’s flat road going to the upper Clarence river.
Mark And Helen QLD
Living the Dream

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 626616

Sponsored Links