Camping around Eyre Creek

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 07, 2019 at 22:54
ThreadID: 138673 Views:3508 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I was wondering if any adventurers have camped around Eyre Creek Simpson Desert recently?
The main issue is fire wood. There was plenty there prior the floods but now???

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Life Member - Duncan W (WA) - Saturday, Jul 13, 2019 at 16:04

Saturday, Jul 13, 2019 at 16:04
Hi Michael, we traveled the diversion around Eyre Crk 3 times recently (I had to return to Birdsville to have some minor repairs done), a number of people were camping at the original crossing and also the diversion fording point. Many were also camping along the banks. 10 days ago still plenty of water. As to firewood not sure we camped elsewhere and had no issues. If in doubt either risk it or gather early or cart some bags from home. BTW the QAA line (ly did that section as we did the Hay River Track), was cut up to buggery and the diversion line was not a pleasant drive - but interesting scenery. LOTS of dust.

Enjoy

Dunc
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 626701

Follow Up By: Michael M34 - Saturday, Jul 13, 2019 at 16:56

Saturday, Jul 13, 2019 at 16:56
Thanks Dunc,

I'll get the (small) crew to keep their collective eye out and throw a bit on the racks.
Hopefully things will have quietened down and the schoolie crowds will have thinned out in 3 weeks.

It was 2016 the last time I went through and the QAA had plenty of holes. In some way, wrecked Simpson Tracks are not necessarily a bad thing. Pitt Street crowds are something I'm over.

We will be doing 6 nights with of early camps and easy relaxed km per day.

Thanks for the info mate, much appreciated. Love the Troopy, miss mine.

Cheers
FollowupID: 900614

Sponsored Links