Arckaringa Hills Painted Desert SA

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 28, 2019 at 10:16
ThreadID: 138826 Views:3691 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
A short video I put together from a recent trip through the SA Outback a couple of months back.

Cheers
Paul

Back Expand Un-Read 7 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Robert1660 - Sunday, Jul 28, 2019 at 11:22

Sunday, Jul 28, 2019 at 11:22
Thanks for the video Paul. We visited Arckaringa back in 2013. At that time the lady who ran the place provided a "silver service" afternoon tea. It was quite an event. We all dressed up in our "finery" and had a great time. With respect to tyre monitors I had a similar experience outside Alice Springs. A stone cut the sidewall but after the alert from the monitoring system and once I had stopped the tyre had not even half deflated. It suffered no deflation damage but unforunately it could not be repaired because the damage was to the sidewall. Fortunately Alice Springs has a great supply of tyres and I could replace it with the same brand and size.
Robert
Landcruiser 200 VX Diesel + 19ft Bushtracker

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 626894

Follow Up By: pmk03 - Sunday, Jul 28, 2019 at 11:33

Sunday, Jul 28, 2019 at 11:33
Thanks for your comment Robert

I'm not sure but I think the family is still the same. From what I have read they have been there since 1989. They were very friendly when we were there too, but we must have missed the silver service afternoon tea. lol

As for the tyre monitors I wouldn't be without them. If that puncture had been on the van we would not have have know with a dual axel. Then end result is a shredded tyre from running flat ..... So I think they area great investment.

Cheers
Paul
FollowupID: 900849

Reply By: krishar21 - Saturday, Aug 24, 2019 at 08:34

Saturday, Aug 24, 2019 at 08:34
Hi guys, we just got back from there, that was our second trip across and loved the Arckaringa Station, again. The two dogs kept us company. This is a beautiful place under rated. Thanks for sharing
AnswerID: 627401

Sponsored Links