How to draw a route on a map?

Submitted: Saturday, Aug 03, 2019 at 09:13
ThreadID: 138867 Views:5947 Replies:3 FollowUps:10
This Thread has been Archived
G'day, I asked this question many years ago, got an answer and have lost the reply. I would like to draw a route on a digital map and have many way points, Google maps is bloody hopeless. Any body have a good program they use or is it still pen on paper? TIA, John
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kazza055 - Saturday, Aug 03, 2019 at 10:27

Saturday, Aug 03, 2019 at 10:27
Watching with interest John. We are doing Route 66 plus more next year and I need the same thing.

I have been playing with Google My Maps and this page is about the best I have found for a tutorial.

It is still not that easy to follow so will see what answers you get.
AnswerID: 626999

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Saturday, Aug 03, 2019 at 11:25

Saturday, Aug 03, 2019 at 11:25
We sell an app called ExplorOz Traveller that does this! Its so easy. You click the icons on the map in order of all the towns or Places you want to go and it builds a route. It shows turn by turn guidance for driving, cycling, walking or straight line. It gives distance and movement time for each segment. You can press start nav and it will begin or you press save to use it later.

Please look at the to the ExplorOz Traveller webpage fir more info, includes every answer to every question you can think of.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 627001

Follow Up By: Member - John - Saturday, Aug 03, 2019 at 11:33

Saturday, Aug 03, 2019 at 11:33
Michelle, If I had a smart phone or Win10 it sounds perfect. Back to the drawing board.
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 900956

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Saturday, Aug 03, 2019 at 11:59

Saturday, Aug 03, 2019 at 11:59
But John what type of computer are you using now?
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 900957

Follow Up By: Member - John - Saturday, Aug 03, 2019 at 12:51

Saturday, Aug 03, 2019 at 12:51
Laptop with WIN7 pro.
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 900959

Follow Up By: Member - DickyBeach - Saturday, Aug 03, 2019 at 19:31

Saturday, Aug 03, 2019 at 19:31
Michelle,

When I open my APP (on the Desktop, Win10), the screen momentarily fills with the desert-photo showing the App logo then immediately "disappears" - that is, it does not open.

What am I doing wrong, or not doing?

Regards,
Dicky
FollowupID: 900970

Follow Up By: Member - 2208mate - Sunday, Aug 04, 2019 at 11:54

Sunday, Aug 04, 2019 at 11:54
Michelle, this sounds like my problem?

W10 pro on a Toshiba lap top.

I sent DickyBeach a small vid of the screenshot at my dropbox...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcc8egnzofuc48m/Flash%205.mp4?dl=0
FollowupID: 900984

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Sunday, Aug 04, 2019 at 15:12

Sunday, Aug 04, 2019 at 15:12
The video gave me an idea to follow up on with David (developer) and we've discussed it however he is currently on bereavement leave interstate and I will be joining soon (he just sat with his 94 yr old father for a week until he passed away and now its his mum's passing is imminent and he is with her). We believe the issue could be related to the App Rating box that opens every 5 sessions (I think?) - I can see this popping up in the background of the video playback of the problem - this will only occur in the Windows app, and only if you don't have a connected GPS. This is only likely to affect a very small portion of people however there is no fix until David can do some investigative programming - which he is not doing while tending to his parents. Please allow us about 10 days before we can resolve this problem in Windows for non-GPS users. Sorry for any inconvenience there is nothing we can do - unless you can plug in a GPS (will have to use the GPS complete program as per instructions). This problem is not occurring on Android or Apple.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 900995

Follow Up By: Member - DickyBeach - Sunday, Aug 04, 2019 at 16:16

Sunday, Aug 04, 2019 at 16:16
No hurry for me Michelle, it opens okay on my Samsung Tablet.

Family first, look after David.
FollowupID: 900999

Follow Up By: Member - DickyBeach - Sunday, Aug 04, 2019 at 19:00

Sunday, Aug 04, 2019 at 19:00
I'm sorry to add to your burdens at this time Michelle and there's no hurry for a response.

I just downloaded EO Traveler on to my HTC Android phone so that I could enable SpotTracker and once the installation was complete I was presented with a blank white screen and upon clicking on the HTC's back-button got the ExplorOz Traveller screen - commencing with (blue) Map then (orange) Resources - stating that I was not logged in.

I could not see where to go to Log In.

I tried User Account (Dark Grey) but nothing happened.
Next I tried Settings but could not see "Log In".

Could you please have a look at this at your convenience after you and David return from Adelaide.
FollowupID: 901006

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Aug 06, 2019 at 11:09

Tuesday, Aug 06, 2019 at 11:09
Dicky, I won't remember sorry so answering now. But you cannot use ExplorOz Traveller with a SPOT device so unsure what you're trying to do? To register a SPOT device to our tracking - use the tracking via the EOTrackMe function - instructions for SPOT registration are on the EOTrackMe webpage - find it in our site menu.

If you are wanting to install EOTrackMe on the HTC - then that is a different app to ExplorOz Traveller - I think this is the problem, you've installed the wrong app. See instructions on EOTrackMe.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 901045

Reply By: equinox - Saturday, Aug 03, 2019 at 13:17

Saturday, Aug 03, 2019 at 13:17
Hi John,

Try this link:

THIS ONE

Cheers
Alan

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 627003

Follow Up By: Kazza055 - Sunday, Aug 04, 2019 at 11:34

Sunday, Aug 04, 2019 at 11:34
Thanks for the link Alan.

Spent some time yesterday plotting our first days drive from Niagara Falls to Cleveland and found the site easy to use and save the file.

The next part is where I am bashing my head against the wall.

Loading the kml file into Google My Maps, no problems but when I tell it to get the directions, instead of using my POI's Google takes my any which way as long as it doesn't follow my POI's.

Google always seems to select the fastest route which is not what I want. How do I get Google to use my POI's or should I be using another navigation app on my Android phone?

FollowupID: 900982

Sponsored Links