exploroz traveller map upgrade??

Submitted: Sunday, Aug 04, 2019 at 22:08
ThreadID: 138878 Views:5177 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
So I have updated my purchase to the 2019 app version.

On my Phone it shows clearly under User Account that EOTopo 2019 App version has the green tick. Under Data Manager it also shows
Licenses EOTopo 2019 App Version

Cannot see anywhere under User Account or Data Manager where I then update the Offline Map Packs to 2019???
Does it mean I delete the 2018 version and then when I wish to download it will allow me to select the 2019 version?

Secondly on my android tablet under User Account the screen display is different.....it simply shows Licenses Premium Offline Maps with a green tick...no dates...so a different User Account display...
Under Data Manager the License statement that displays on my phone (EOTopo 2019 App Version) is missing all together

.Not sure why one Android screen on the phone would show a different User Account screen on the tablet

AND YES same user account ID definitely

I have turned both phone & tablet off and then back on the get rid of any RAM issues..no change

I am a little confused...can anyone shed some light please?

Thanks
Life is a journey, it is not how we fall down, it is how we get up.
VKS 1341

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - cruza25 - Monday, Aug 05, 2019 at 09:33

Monday, Aug 05, 2019 at 09:33
From the news letter in June. Hope this helps.
Maybe contact Michelle when live chat is online to sort the other issue
Cheers
Mike

HOW TO INSTALL EOTOPO 2019 MAPS
If you have previously had the 2018 version of the offline maps installed on your device you will need to delete these before you have access to download the 2019 maps. The newsletter provided instructions to do this, however we will repeat those instructions here. Go to the Advanced section in the app and use the 3rd red button labelled Clear Maps DB. This will ensure that all the maps (144K, 577K and Base) are deleted as well as any directory structures that might cause glitches. Then open the Data Manager and you should see the orange download buttons appear for each of the 2019 map packs - Base, 577K and the 144K East, Central and West.
AnswerID: 627055

Follow Up By: Member - bungarra (WA) - Monday, Aug 05, 2019 at 09:51

Monday, Aug 05, 2019 at 09:51
Hi Cruza25

Thanks for that info...I didn't recall that in the newsletter so your reply is most helpful in relation to getting 2019 maps.

I deliberately posted on the forum rather than contact Michelle directly for two main reasons...one is that a response with the solution may help others now or later....secondly Michelle is time poor atm with David away so chose to hopefully save her some time

The other issue with different displays on the phone to tablet she may pick up on

Cheers

Graeme
VKS 1341

FollowupID: 901016

Reply By: Member - cruza25 - Monday, Aug 05, 2019 at 10:14

Monday, Aug 05, 2019 at 10:14
Is the tablet the same version of android as the phone
I think the 2019 update will only install on android 5 or higher

AnswerID: 627061

Reply By: Dusta - Monday, Aug 05, 2019 at 16:55

Monday, Aug 05, 2019 at 16:55
i also did not get a newsletter . So are you saying if we had 2018 mapos the 2019 map upgrade is free or is that a purchased upgrade as i cannot do either . I have cleared the maps through the correct method and the purchase button is also greyed out .
AnswerID: 627067

Follow Up By: Member - bungarra (WA) - Monday, Aug 05, 2019 at 17:11

Monday, Aug 05, 2019 at 17:11
Dusta

I would have got the newsletter but speed read it and missed the instructions.

My understanding is that if you have purchased the 2018 maps then a discounted price applies to the 2019 purchase. That happened in my case but I was unable to find where on the app I could download the 2019 versions.

I have since followed the advice given earlier and deleted the maps data base, re started my phone and there is my green tick for downloading the 2019 maps version......in fact it is happening right now as I type this.

All that confuses me now is when I deleted the map data base of my tablet there is no 2019 showing on the app.....I would have thought that the app wether it is phone or tablet it would show the same

In you case I suggest you log out, restart your device, log in and see if that clears any gremlins in your system

VKS 1341

FollowupID: 901025

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Aug 05, 2019 at 22:25

Monday, Aug 05, 2019 at 22:25
Hello, the answer to your remaining issue is to check what version of the app is installed on the Android tablet...from your description it will be below V3.7 as that is the minimum version that provides access to the new map server where the 2019 maps are. So update the app to the latest version which is now v3.8.2

Everyone please notice every problem you have will have an answer on the ExplorOz Traveller webpage...I updated it extensively last week. Please check it all if you have issues. The answer is there I assure you.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 627072

Sponsored Links