WA Wildflower Hotspots

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 07, 2019 at 10:42
ThreadID: 138888 Views:4198 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hello

I know there are a few wildflower enthusiasts out there so thought this may come in handy - a website that provides regular updates on whats flowering in various parts of WA, plus a photo competition as well.

Where to see wildflowers in Australia's Golden Outback

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 9 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Wednesday, Aug 07, 2019 at 19:37

Wednesday, Aug 07, 2019 at 19:37
Thanks Greg

That is a very interesting site.

Thanks for sharing

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 627101

Reply By: Member - Rod N (QLD) - Wednesday, Aug 07, 2019 at 19:46

Wednesday, Aug 07, 2019 at 19:46
As the TV ad goes "See you in Mingenew" for all the good wildflower sites.
AnswerID: 627102

Reply By: Ron N - Saturday, Aug 17, 2019 at 21:29

Saturday, Aug 17, 2019 at 21:29
Just a heads-up for anyone interested in viewing W.A. wildflowers this (2019) Spring - the Weekend West Travel liftout in this weekends (17/08/2019) West Australian Newspaper, has an excellent 10 page article on the current Wildflower viewing opportunities in W.A.

This is a well written article by Stephen Scourfield, the travel editor of the West Australian - and he's followed up the Wildflower article with a further 2 page report, on his recent trip from Perth to Uluru, via the Great Central Road.

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 627325

Follow Up By: Ron N - Monday, Aug 19, 2019 at 00:49

Monday, Aug 19, 2019 at 00:49
Still on the Wildflower and Tourism trail - the Shire of Chittering has produced an excellent little brochure, outlining the Wildflower trail of the Central Midlands of W.A.

This area encompasses the towns of Bindoon, Calingiri, New Norcia, Moora, Dalwallinu and Wongan Hills - each with their own particular Wildflower and Tourism offerings.

Dalwallinu has a Wattle Week festival in the 2nd week of September each year.

The Wongan Hills Caravan Park is a particularly well set up Park, with a sizeable array of accommodation styles, from cabins to caravan parking areas to camping areas.

Golden Horizons

Cheers, Ron.
FollowupID: 901315

Sponsored Links