05 hilux

Submitted: Friday, Jun 18, 2004 at 19:44
ThreadID: 13898 Views:1397 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I have been told from a good source that there is a new hilux out in march a comlete new shape plus new engine with auto box behind diesel does anyone have any more details?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: BertieBoy - Saturday, Jun 19, 2004 at 10:47

Saturday, Jun 19, 2004 at 10:47
Yep, sounds like the RA Rodeo has got em worried since they are now outselling the Hilux, guess that means any new Hilux will be a good one!
AnswerID: 63894

Reply By: CRAZY_HILUX - Saturday, Jun 19, 2004 at 18:03

Saturday, Jun 19, 2004 at 18:03
G'day mate,
I'd be the best man for this job in that i work for toyota motor corporation in melbourne here and have talked to several people about the '05 hilux including the guy in charge of it's setting up for local conditions. I'll start by saying that this '05 hilux is going to be a ball-tearer! It'll be the same size as the TUNDRA in the States, have the same front suspension setup as the current shape Prado. Come in a larger variety of specifications and grades and the motors that are available will be the current Prado's 4.0 litre V6, possibly, and I mean that with a minute chance ( they are still pushing for it with no reply yet) a V8 of unknown capacity; but the best of all will be the diesel engine. It will be a brand new direct injection diesel with a larger turbo-charger that will sit higher in the engine bay, and only the SR5 will get the intercooler. This engine from what I have been told will literally 'bleep' on anything that the opposition can put out. It has been tested in a Dyna truck in Malaysia and they have complained about excessive wheel-spin being produced, and thats was in a 3 or 4 tonne truck. This diesel is supposed to be able to accelerate like a car, run smoother and quiteter than the current one and it should sell like hot-cakes when it arrives. I will be one of the first ones to see it before it's launched other than the engineers and marketing guys and will keep you updating on anything else I hear. It will cost more thou, ik gueussing bout 5-7 grand more, but the results should be worth it.

GO HARD OR GO HOME!
AnswerID: 63962

Follow Up By: Member - Luxoluk - Saturday, Jun 19, 2004 at 19:58

Saturday, Jun 19, 2004 at 19:58
Canning in June 05! I hope I can get a new diesel auto SR5 in time!! Love to hear more, eg 16" wheels?, fuel capacity...180ltrs?? etc etc.. Was thinking of a 78 tray but will trash that idea now.

Cheers
FollowupID: 325087

Follow Up By: time waster - Sunday, Jun 20, 2004 at 08:40

Sunday, Jun 20, 2004 at 08:40
Thank you for your detailed response the dealer that i bought my 03 td could not say much only to wait until march 05 to do the change over lets hope they get rid of quarter windows a real hand brake coil front and rear dual tanks space for good size dual batt with snorkel the prado gets all this and they stay on the black top ...well most of them lets hope.
FollowupID: 325165

Reply By: Utemad - Saturday, Jun 19, 2004 at 22:38

Saturday, Jun 19, 2004 at 22:38
Is the Tundra F-150 size ?

Our company runs 2 F-250 XLT dualcabs with the 7.3litre turbo intercooled motors.

Excellent off road although size can occaisionally get in the way. Had a few reliability issues though. They are EXTREMELY susceptible to dirty diesel.

Tough as nails though. They are a one tonner but we have 1.5 with no worries and still passing everyone on the highway :)

Utemad.
AnswerID: 64014

Sponsored Links