Jackaroo "wide track"

Submitted: Friday, Jun 18, 2004 at 22:04
ThreadID: 13905 Views:5571 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Greetings fellow 4 wheelers. I'm new to this site but would appreciate if anyone can help with knowledge of late model Holden Jackaroo wheel track info. I have a base model 2002 turbo diesel LWB Jackaroo with 16x7JJ steel wheels. I'm thinking of going to mags (after market) with bigger tyres. I see that Jackaroo "SE" and higher spec models come with what Holden calls "wide track'. I've checked the specification list and see that this option gives a 60mm increase in wheel track (front and rear) over the base model. Wheel arch flares are also added as part of the pack. Does anyone know what Holden / Isuzu does to the base model to get the wider track? It could be accomplished just by changing the wheel rim offset ratio (SE models have factory mags) but another way would be to change the actual axle/suspension set up. This would be expensive so I doubt that it was done this way. Any info would be appreciated. Holden weren't very helpful when I 'phoned today.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Billy - Friday, Jun 18, 2004 at 22:53

Friday, Jun 18, 2004 at 22:53
I'm not sure about the front for sure but at the back the axle is definitely wider. I stuck my head under one once (as an interested owner of an earlier model) and saw where they had actually welded extensions on to the axle tubes to make the extra width. I assume the upper and lower arms on the front are longer. They also added 200mm to the ride height at the rear from memory.

I think you will find the wheels are the same.

Regds

Bill
AnswerID: 63831

Follow Up By: Savvas - Saturday, Jun 19, 2004 at 08:40

Saturday, Jun 19, 2004 at 08:40
Mate, that'd be a 20mm lift of the rear ride height. You're correct, they did do that.

200mm lift? Jacks would beat anything then.
FollowupID: 325006

Reply By: Savvas - Friday, Jun 18, 2004 at 23:45

Friday, Jun 18, 2004 at 23:45
It is actually done properly, ie...longer axles and extended ball joint assemblies. Isuzu have been running this setup on the US Troopers since about 1996.

The mags on my 2000 Monterey (pre-wide track) are identical to the mags on my mates 2002 Equipe (wide track). This includes the offset.
AnswerID: 63843

Sponsored Links