Cameron Corner Store owner Fenn Miller dies?

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 15, 2019 at 12:38
ThreadID: 139071 Views:5928 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Can anyone confirm this....I just saw a post on 4x4 Earth forum mentioning that Fenn Miller one of tne owners of Cameron Corner Store passed away last week.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: rumpig - Sunday, Sep 15, 2019 at 14:34

Sunday, Sep 15, 2019 at 14:34
Doing a Google search I found this funeral notice...LINK
I was speaking to Fenn at the store last September and he mentioned selling up and retiring to a coastal property up Port Douglas way, so appears the case he has died....very sad news to learn of this happening.
Our condolences to Cheryl and family, we always enjoyed our visits to the store, had a few drinks and laughs with the both of them as i'm sure many others have done also. I just tried finding a pic Fenn emailed me of himself many years back, he was stripped down to his jocks wearing just his boots and hat laying across the bar top....long story as to why he sent it, in short it was a hilarious reply to a pic I'd emailed him of our visit there earlier that year....lol
RIP Fenn
AnswerID: 627707

Follow Up By: Member - DOZER - Friday, Sep 20, 2019 at 10:19

Friday, Sep 20, 2019 at 10:19
Our party broke a slipper spring off a jayco caravan, we chained the axle and slowly drove the final 30kms to the corner store Fenn saved our Congee lake trip by welding it back together for us....Legend. RIP
FollowupID: 901964

Follow Up By: Members Pa & Ma. - Saturday, Sep 21, 2019 at 17:10

Saturday, Sep 21, 2019 at 17:10
I don't know.
Could explain why they never answered my email.
We have a trip planned soon for the corner country.
Can we camp there still or would we have to camp at Merty Merty if they have a camp? Is some one running the store for them?
Very sorry to hear although we didn't know them. Condolences to th family.
Take care, safe travels, Ma.
FollowupID: 901984

Sponsored Links