DiD Pajero

Submitted: Monday, Jul 01, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1391 Views:2702 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I just took a Direct Injection Pajero for a test drive, and am very impressed, has anyone else been looking at this vehicle?? If so what are your thoughts.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick - Wednesday, Jul 03, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Jul 03, 2002 at 00:00
See the latest edition of 4x4 Mag they do a comparison agaist its peers.
AnswerID: 4598

Reply By: Cairns Offroad Training & Tours - Wednesday, Jul 03, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Jul 03, 2002 at 00:00
I have test driven the DID Pajero in 5 speed auto form and was amazed at its performance both on and off road. As a trainer I have had the 3 main 4wd contenders, Cruiser, Patrol, Pajero, in poverty pack diesel form, on my training tracks on the same day under the same wet and slippery conditions, same standard tyres, and the Pajero went the furtherest due to a fantastic LSD. I think the Pajero is a very underated 4wd. If the new model had 2" more ground clearance it would be awesome. BTW I drive and love my 80 series Toyota, this is merely a statement of fact.Cheers Rob
AnswerID: 4607

Follow Up By: Glenn Marshall - Thursday, Jul 04, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, Jul 04, 2002 at 00:00
I too have recently given the DID Pajero a test drive and although far too short a drive with no rough stuff, I agree with Rob wholeheartedly. It has amazing performance. Rob comments that a 2" more ground clearance would make it awesome.Well there is a kit available which gives 70mm (nearly 3") Double awesome! See July issue 4x4 Australia magazine. Product is by 4Way Suspension Products and uses Tough Dog shockers. I believe the write-up about the benefits gained but don't believe the photos of the clearances obtained (page 145) as they appear to have the front wheel placed at a different point for the before and after photos. Therefore the car appears to have more ground clearance than it should. Be that as it may I wouldn't hesitate to purchase this mod if I was lucky enought to own one. Definately my next car! (have had a shortie and a 92 V6) Who make a long range tank or additional tank for new DID Pajero? All I have to do is to get the wife to accept the Diesel smell. she reckons she can smell the Diesel fumes inside the car.
FollowupID: 1978

Follow Up By: Bob - Thursday, Jul 04, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, Jul 04, 2002 at 00:00
Glenn
Maybe its my nose and too much petrol, but I reckon the new high pressure diesels don't smell anymore. That article in 4X4 Aust didn't do the Pajero justice I thought.
FollowupID: 1984

Reply By: BRUTUS - Friday, Jul 05, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Jul 05, 2002 at 00:00
I have just traded my widetrack Jack TD auto for a DI.D Pajero. It rides and handles better definately has more power and torque and provides much better fuel consumption from the beginning. I am normally change vehicles fairly frequently however the DI.D Pajero is that good I will keep it.
AnswerID: 4669

Sponsored Links