How to set Auto-Update on your Apps

Submitted: Monday, Oct 14, 2019 at 18:37
ThreadID: 139193 Views:5314 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Following Friday's newsletters, and for the benefit of those people those that don't know how to do this, here are the instructions (from Google, Apple & Windows) for updating their apps on your device.

How to setup Auto App Updates on Android Instructions

How to setup auto app updates on Apple (iPad/iPhone)

How to turn auto app updates on Windows
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Dave B18 - Saturday, Oct 19, 2019 at 07:50

Saturday, Oct 19, 2019 at 07:50
Not so sure 'Auto Update' is a good thing.
Much prefer to look at what the updates are and update what is wanted or needed.
AnswerID: 628214

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Oct 22, 2019 at 12:52

Tuesday, Oct 22, 2019 at 12:52
You can select auto-update on individual apps if you prefer not to use auto update on all apps.

For our app (ExplorOz Traveller), we highly recommend always running the latest update. We release updated versions frequently - have made more than 15 updates since June for example. Updates are always done for performance improvement and to add new features, fix bugs, add improved security protocols etc. Same with any other developer. The app stores test before approving updates which is why after we've released it, it might take a few hours to few days to appear in the store and until you get it on your device using auto-update. WE do not release any communication or alert to advise when every update is released so you would have no other way of knowing. But its up to you.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 902565

Sponsored Links