Darling River Run - Silverton to Wilcannia

Good Morning all, Raining here in Melbourne so thought I put up some sunshine !

Here's a short video of a Solo trip I did along the Darling River back in 2017 From Silverton to Wilcannia
Hope you enjoy

Cheers, Paul

Back Expand Un-Read 5 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Saturday, Nov 02, 2019 at 09:18

Saturday, Nov 02, 2019 at 09:18
Thanks Paul

Another great video

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 628493

Reply By: rumpig - Saturday, Nov 02, 2019 at 10:18

Saturday, Nov 02, 2019 at 10:18
A Darling River Run is definately a trip worth doing as your video shows Paul, we did it in September last year in full blown drought and still enjoyed the scenery.... i look forward to doing it again in better times.
Your pic of The Shindy Inn reminded me of the Shining Headstone in Louth and the boat that carried it most of the way there, the story of the boats record travel times showing how drought is nothing new out there (see this link for the story) JANE ELIZA 2
....i read at Trilby Station that they actually converted the steamer into a timber mill whilst it was stuck there those 3 years.
AnswerID: 628494

Follow Up By: pmk03 - Saturday, Nov 02, 2019 at 12:56

Saturday, Nov 02, 2019 at 12:56
Thanks for your comments Rumpig
& the link to the story of the Jane Eliza 2 - Great story, I'm sure the Darling has many more & telling them makes sure they live on a little longer.
It's nice to get a bit of history about places we have traveled. They must have been a tough bunch in those days.
Cheers
Paul
FollowupID: 902887

Follow Up By: Baz - The Landy - Sunday, Nov 03, 2019 at 08:15

Sunday, Nov 03, 2019 at 08:15
Louth is a great spot and we regularly stay there on our way to and from the ‘outback’.

TS Matthews story is remarkable and so is the tribute he constructed to one of his wives, Mary...

I wrote about it in a blog posted on ExplorOz, Love in the Outback.

Cheers, Baz - The Landy
FollowupID: 902893

Follow Up By: rumpig - Sunday, Nov 03, 2019 at 10:00

Sunday, Nov 03, 2019 at 10:00
Funnily enough Baz, I actually spent some of yesterday morning reading all about TA Mathews life story after stumbling across it whilst searching for the Jane Eliza link I posted up...... T.A. MATHEWS STORY
FollowupID: 902895

Sponsored Links