95 nissan mistral r20 fuse box translation

Submitted: Saturday, Nov 16, 2019 at 16:34
ThreadID: 139330 Views:6637 Replies:5 FollowUps:8
This Thread has been Archived
hi,

newbie sorry guys, anyone have a 95 nissan mistral td27 r20 ? im after english translation of fuse box as have dodgy fast blinking indicator on drivers side
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John - Saturday, Nov 16, 2019 at 16:54

Saturday, Nov 16, 2019 at 16:54
G'day, have you checked all the globes on the right side, fast blinking is a way of showing a globe has blown.
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 628688

Follow Up By: scott g5 - Sunday, Nov 17, 2019 at 13:22

Sunday, Nov 17, 2019 at 13:22
yeh all other bulbs working except right rear which doesnt go even after replacing bulb
FollowupID: 903165

Reply By: RMD - Saturday, Nov 16, 2019 at 16:58

Saturday, Nov 16, 2019 at 16:58
Scott
Are all the indicator globes on that side all operating and fast? Usually if the speed increases there is a blown globe or someone has fitted LED globes or a single LED globe which draw less and cause the flasher unit to speed up when connected to that side. Perhaps if all normal globes, one has poor contact and illuminates a little but lessens the flasher unit load and causes faster rate. Maybe maintenance on globe holders could fix it.
While it is flashing if you pull fuses and the flashing ceases, then you know which fuse it is. Cannot be the fuse because electrical energy is getting to the system. Looking for fuse related issues possibly isn't going to help you.
Only if you detected a blown fuse by multi meter tracing of pull and inspect would you find a blown one. If ANY are blown then what caused it is the next question. before replacing with a new fuse. I don't think any work in the fuse box will help because the problem isn't in there.
AnswerID: 628689

Follow Up By: scott g5 - Sunday, Nov 17, 2019 at 13:21

Sunday, Nov 17, 2019 at 13:21
all indicators on driver side blinking fast except rear which doesn`t go, replaced bulb but still no go (wondering if bulb holder knackered) all indicators passengers side working normally.
yeh was going to pull fuses cause i shorted out rear tail lamps when mucking around with circuit tester but easier to pull right fuse out instead of one by one and was just curious about translation for future reference,cheers for replying

p.s anyone got pdf service manual ?
FollowupID: 903163

Follow Up By: Hoyks - Sunday, Nov 17, 2019 at 20:44

Sunday, Nov 17, 2019 at 20:44
Its probably the bulb holder. I had the R21 Terrano II and it had a couple of the tail lights in the bumper failed.

The terminals were riveted onto the end of the loom, so prone to failure from corrosion and vibration as well as the housing copped a flogging from rocks getting flicked up off the wheels.

Mine needed some serious surgery to get the electrons to go where I wanted them to due to spares being hard to come by. You might be able to fix it or probably better or getting a good light housing and splicing it onto the end of the loom.
FollowupID: 903176

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Sunday, Nov 17, 2019 at 07:51

Sunday, Nov 17, 2019 at 07:51
I don't know Nissan wiring and tend to agree it's a blown globe, but the one piece of advice I can give you is to download google translate on your phone.

It will translate writing, voice and camera pictures. In your case do Japanese to english, put it in camera mode, point it to the Japanese writing on the fuse block.

Like Magic, it will appear on the screen in English.

An amazing app. We use it in restaurants in Japan, and across Europe. It's like the menu is written in English if you use it properly.

AnswerID: 628690

Follow Up By: RMD - Sunday, Nov 17, 2019 at 10:11

Sunday, Nov 17, 2019 at 10:11
IS there a Google Fix as well? so it can remove globe holders and replace any sus globes with the app. I recommend Google Mechanic as it will repair any vehicle fault. Handy stuff eh?
FollowupID: 903155

Follow Up By: Hoyks - Sunday, Nov 17, 2019 at 20:36

Sunday, Nov 17, 2019 at 20:36
I've used Google translate camera mode a few times and it often works better than the engrish translations included as instructions.
FollowupID: 903175

Reply By: Gary T7 - Sunday, Nov 17, 2019 at 16:35

Sunday, Nov 17, 2019 at 16:35
Don't forget to check the earth circuit to the globe holder .If poor earth, that causes globe to overheat and blow. This is the cause of a new globe blowing frequently. No earth it won't work with new globe. Fuse won't be problem if all other globes work on that circuit . Most likely the problem is at the globe holder.check with test light for power and earth at the globe holder.
AnswerID: 628696

Follow Up By: RMD - Sunday, Nov 17, 2019 at 18:09

Sunday, Nov 17, 2019 at 18:09
A poor earth to negative CANNOT possibly cause a globe to overheat and blow. Impossible. A globe can only blow if fed more voltage than normal and that will cause overheat as the filament emits more particles of tungsten than normal, ie silvery deposit inside envelope. A poor earth is also NOT the cause of premature failure or more often. A 12v globe working through a poor earth, ie a resistance will have a longer life as it is not stressed anywhere near normal. I agree the centre pin in the globe holder may have receded and simply does not touch the globe centre contact. Very common on some makes which use poor quality globe holders to begin with. Yes, check with testlight or multi meter.
FollowupID: 903171

Follow Up By: scott g5 - Monday, Nov 18, 2019 at 07:49

Monday, Nov 18, 2019 at 07:49
cheers guys, yes was centre pin in holder, all fixed now all going, thanks for the help.
FollowupID: 903178

Reply By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Sunday, Nov 17, 2019 at 18:44

Sunday, Nov 17, 2019 at 18:44
Hi Scott,

If the left side indicator is working OK then remove its bulb and place it in the right side lamp holder.
If it now works then you had a faulty bulb. Get a new one from any auto parts store.

If it does not work then you have either a faulty (corroded?) lamp holder or a wiring break. The most likely break place is where the 'earth' wire from the lamp holder connects to the bodywork. This is a common point of failure especially in an older car. This connection point will be close by to the lampholder and may have several wires connected to the body here.
Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 628697

Follow Up By: scott g5 - Monday, Nov 18, 2019 at 07:50

Monday, Nov 18, 2019 at 07:50
cheers guys, yes was centre pin in holder, all fixed now all going, thanks for the help.
FollowupID: 903179

Sponsored Links