This Thread has been Archived
I came across this news article.

RFS Repeater

Very sad lot out there.
Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: Bushranger1 - Friday, Dec 06, 2019 at 12:04

Friday, Dec 06, 2019 at 12:04
Doesn't suprise me anymore.
When they catch them take them out to the fire ground & leave them there!
People like this are a blight on society.
As if the firefighters dont have to deal with enough already.

Stu.
AnswerID: 628975

Follow Up By: mike39 - Saturday, Dec 07, 2019 at 19:50

Saturday, Dec 07, 2019 at 19:50
I showed this article today to a friend who happens to be a local govt. (council) employee.
He quickly told me that there are three communities within our local govt. area where if council road repair (grader/loader etc.) machines are in use they cannot be left overnight but must be removed to a secure location. He stated that if left, batteries were stolen and fuel tanks emptied. If the batteries were removed and secure locks on the fuel tanks then windows were broken and tyres flattened.
All within a couple of hours drive from where this theft occurred.
A sad indication of where society is degenerating to.
mike
FollowupID: 903676

Reply By: MarkHugh - Friday, Dec 06, 2019 at 12:08

Friday, Dec 06, 2019 at 12:08
You would think even the morons would have limits in certain circumstances... but apparently not!

Mark
AnswerID: 628976

Reply By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Friday, Dec 06, 2019 at 12:39

Friday, Dec 06, 2019 at 12:39
Yeah, that's pretty sad. But in a time when we have the banks, supermarkets, retirement homes and many other 'institutions' rorting society for everything they can get it is no surprise that morons and thieves will follow suit and grab whatever they can get without any consideration of what is right or wrong or of the consequences.

This is a time when we are prevailed upon to obtain products and services as cheap as possible without heed of how it may affect others (dairy farmers, taxi drivers etc.) and there seem to be some who will go to the extreme of plain 'nicking' it. And I would include those who see their employer as a source of 'free' goods.

I hope these thieves are soon brought to justice, however I think the ultimate solution lies in the home, not in the courts. We are already supporting far too many in prison at great expense.

Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 628978

Follow Up By: Member - Outback Gazz - Saturday, Dec 07, 2019 at 20:13

Saturday, Dec 07, 2019 at 20:13
" I hope these thieves are soon brought to justice"

Haha-bahahabahahaha

Here's where the problem lies !

Said morons get caught - attend court with free legal aid in a hearing that costs the taxpayer ten's of thousands of dollars for courtroom hire, judges, prosecutors, Clark of court etc etc etc !

THE PENALTY - after the Judge hears the BS story's about an alcoholic father and an abusive drug addict mother and 15 other BS sob stories -- Good behavior bond and 500 dollar fine !

Off ya go son - have a nice day !!

FollowupID: 903678

Follow Up By: Member - McLaren3030 - Sunday, Dec 08, 2019 at 07:31

Sunday, Dec 08, 2019 at 07:31
Unfortunately, Outback Gaz is correct, too many Judges & Magistrates are too soft on criminals. I think most people would rather see more custodial sentences handed out than good behaviour bonds. A sweeping statement I know, but just MHO.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 903686

Follow Up By: GarryR - Sunday, Dec 08, 2019 at 08:47

Sunday, Dec 08, 2019 at 08:47
You're quite right above the soft sentences or no sentence. IMO they should be chained and shackled into a chain gang and repair the the damaged countryside instead of always relying on the generousity of the general public
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 903687

Sponsored Links