insurance for travelling mechanic

Submitted: Monday, Jul 01, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1394 Views:1844 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, just a question on insurance, i have a HJ75, with a purpose built camper unit fitted, fridge,stove, storage, beds etc. A motor mechanic with substantial tool kit & looking to travel extensively through out OZ, work along the way, also i will be taking a tinny & outboard, the unit is completely lockable, however i cant get regular ins. co.s to get interested, i would like to be able to insure contents & tools of trade, indefinate duration, Thank you,J.D.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: MarkC - Monday, Jul 01, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Jul 01, 2002 at 00:00
John, I am a self employed tradesman and have travelled around working a bit. I insured my tools for $5000 throo Wesfarmers Federation Insurance. They are insured anywhere, as long as they are somehow locked up. Last year I had three hand toolboxes stolen from the back of my ute. I had 4mm chain throo the handles and padlocked to the tray. Some bugger cut the chain and got away with all of my hand tools. Wesfarmers paid up, no hassles. There were approximately $2000 worth of tools stolen, so I was happy with that.

AnswerID: 4557

Follow Up By: Markc - Wednesday, Jul 03, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Jul 03, 2002 at 00:00
MarkC , thanks mate i have contacted wesfarmers and are waiting for a reply. I appreacieated the info.
FollowupID: 1965

Sponsored Links