2020 bt50

Submitted: Thursday, Dec 12, 2019 at 20:46
ThreadID: 139413 Views:7404 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Trying to find out when the new bt50/Isuzu will be available, I thought it would be early 2020 , salesman tells me late in new year
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Thursday, Dec 12, 2019 at 20:55

Thursday, Dec 12, 2019 at 20:55
Hi Ray

There are pictures on the internet and they look very smart and they were talking first quarter 2020

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 629063

Reply By: Ron N - Saturday, Dec 14, 2019 at 12:39

Saturday, Dec 14, 2019 at 12:39
The original motoring and marketing talk was that Isuzu and Mazda would produce a "completely all-new, from the ground up" vehicle for 2020, in their new Joint Venture vehicle build arrangement.

The motoring journos are still producing the same description, but I'd like to know if it is a "completely all-new" vehicle.
It appears to me there's still a vast amount of original, current model, D-Max construction there, in the cabin, and in the chassis, and in the drivetrain. Simple sheetmetal changes can make a vehicle look "all-new".

Not that the current basic Isuzu D-Max has anything wrong with it, they are pretty robust and durable, if lacking a little in creature comfort and seating.
If those areas have been addressed with the new model, well and good.

We were told there would be a completely new engine with the latest technology in this model.
Once again it appears, as with all "new vehicle releases", the current engine is being kept, with just a modest power upgrade - and the "all-new engine" will be introduced at a much later date, to boost sales, as they start to drop off.

What is interesting is there appear to be no sign of any hybrid or electric version in the lineup - something Isuzu/Mazda will have to address, as the move to hybrids and EV's is rapidly gathering pace.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's April or May before the new D-Max/BT50 is available in Australia. The manufacturers usually do final testing and adjustments to the new vehicle, before they release it here, even though it may have been available in other countries for some months prior.

2020 Isuzu D-Max/BT50

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 629081

Sponsored Links