Bumper Christmas Newsletter - out now!

Submitted: Wednesday, Dec 18, 2019 at 20:44
ThreadID: 139434 Views:5909 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We've kept the best 'til last - its a HUGE newsletter so get prepared for a big night of intense ExplorOz activity... we've got a big announcement inside, plus some last minute ideas to help you sort out Christmas presents, plus we feature a NEW edit tool for those that want to fix errors in their Tracking lines, plus the usual Catch Ups for the Forum, Blogs, & Classifieds PLUS a big shout out to all the special people (that includes YOU) for your support this year!

NEWSLETTER 491 HERE (or read it soon via email as its speeds through the ether)

Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 6 Moderator

Reply By: Life Member - Talawana - Friday, Dec 20, 2019 at 11:10

Friday, Dec 20, 2019 at 11:10
Hi Michelle,
Thank you for the newsletter, I found the Tips for replying to forum post a great reminder.
Wishing you and David and your great team a safe and happy Christmas and a wonderful 2020.
Cheers
Marion
Talawana
VKS Selcall 2691

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 629162

Reply By: Gramps - Friday, Dec 20, 2019 at 13:59

Friday, Dec 20, 2019 at 13:59
In the next newsletter it might be an idea to point out the difference between "Reply" and "Follow-up" in Forum posts. Just helps to keep things a bit more logical.

Regards
AnswerID: 629171

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Friday, Dec 20, 2019 at 16:57

Friday, Dec 20, 2019 at 16:57
I agree. Quite often a poster will write a Reply when it is clear it is in response to another Reply or Follow-up further up the chain, and should itself be a Follow-up. In a long thread it can get quite illogical and misdirect the discussion.

And vice-versa but less often - somewhere in the discussion a Follow-up that is in direct response to the opening post and would be better off as a Reply. No big deal, I suppose, but a reminder probably wouldn't hurt.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 903908

Sponsored Links