Fires and drought

Submitted: Thursday, Dec 26, 2019 at 20:18
ThreadID: 139457 Views:21753 Replies:2 FollowUps:8
This Thread has been Archived
Greetings fellow Explor Ozers

Senior management and I were wondering what we could do to help all those out there who are struggling
with our drought and the fires we are currently experiencing.
With this in mind we decided not to send Christmas cards ,buy presents and the like this year and instead
donate to some worthy cause.
We all know there are a heap of registed charities where one can donate.
We chose Rural Aid and Buy a Bale and have so far raised $2555.50 from our friends since DECEMBER 16
For thouse of us who have been out there over past few months we have all seen what its like and being past farmers in the NSW high country feel for them in these trying times

So if you would like to contribute please follow the link below.

We have no association with Rural Aid and Buy a Bale just concerned folk for our rural people

Thank you Ed & Lil

https://www.buyabale.com.au/donate/?supporter_id=171053
Back Expand Un-Read 4 Moderator

Reply By: IvanTheTerrible - Thursday, Dec 26, 2019 at 20:55

Thursday, Dec 26, 2019 at 20:55
Anybody other than Buy A Bale. A vast majority of the donated funds go into the managements pocket!
Need for Feed is good.
Blaze aid is good
Burrumbuttock Hayrun is good
Drought Angels are good.
Even the CWA
AnswerID: 629224

Follow Up By: Member - willawa - Thursday, Dec 26, 2019 at 21:04

Thursday, Dec 26, 2019 at 21:04
Hi Ivan

Where can I find the details to follow up your claim as many of my friends like us will be most dissapointed if it's so
Ed
FollowupID: 903953

Follow Up By: IvanTheTerrible - Thursday, Dec 26, 2019 at 21:41

Thursday, Dec 26, 2019 at 21:41
Look up their financial statements, if you can find them. The are a for profit organisation and have to file a financial report each year. The last one I could find was 2016 and it now seems to have been removed.

Evaluation of Rural Aid

This has part of the report. Be aware that the two graphs have there labels arse about. The bottom one is the outgoings with almost half going to employee expenses.
FollowupID: 903955

Follow Up By: Member - willawa - Thursday, Dec 26, 2019 at 22:04

Thursday, Dec 26, 2019 at 22:04
I shall look further However found this :-

Check out charity credentials
Queensland University of Technology Australian Centre for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies director Wendy Scaife said for people who wanted to donate, there was an easy way to check out the credentials of charities.

It can be done by an online search for the body that regulates charities — the Australian Charities and Not For Profits Commission.

"You can have a look and make sure that it's really an organisation," Dr Scaife said.

"They also have a phone centre so if you have any queries, they're more than happy to take those."

How you can help:
Australian Red Cross
Rural Aid/Buy a Bale
Drought Angels
Aussie Helpers
Lions Need for Feed
Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal
Salvation Army

FollowupID: 903957

Follow Up By: Member - Bigfish - Friday, Dec 27, 2019 at 12:37

Friday, Dec 27, 2019 at 12:37
Rural Aid annual report..

https://www.ruralaid.org.au/RA_AnnualReport_2018.pdf
FollowupID: 903974

Reply By: Tony F8 - Friday, Dec 27, 2019 at 08:42

Friday, Dec 27, 2019 at 08:42
About a month ago, i was talking to a longtime mate who's got a property out Gilgandra way, he was telling me of the suicides of farmers affected by this long term drought. From that i began a drought fundraiser "Doin it for the Drought Cape York 2020". Having been up the Cape numerous times since the late 80's, i put together a 16 day trip for 10 vehicles, with 3 support vehicles heading off the start of June. The cost is $2200 per vehicle with 100% of all monies going to the CWA drought relief, (the CWA does not take out administration costs as they are funded by corporate sponsorship). I have also been able to bring on corporate partners such as, Fleetgaurd Australia, Multitrade, Walz Group, High Risk Solutions, and Everything Uniform. The support to date has been humbling to say the least, for example Multitrade will fly musicians to Loyalty Beach for the Saturday nights entertainment, Fleetgaurd Australia are supplying full filter kits for all vehicles participating in the trip and Everything Uniform is supplying all the trip apparel. I haven't advertised for vehicles to go on the trip as I wanted to ensure all the background work was in place, but so far I have 6 vehicles already signed on, so if you would like to come a long, please contact me, or if you would just like to donate, that would be greatly appreciated too.

Tony Fallows 0407 756 294 tfall@bigpond.com
AnswerID: 629227

Follow Up By: Member - willawa - Friday, Dec 27, 2019 at 08:48

Friday, Dec 27, 2019 at 08:48
Great keep up the good work Tony the more we can do for all these people the better it will be .
Were off to Blaze Aid in Feburary
FollowupID: 903964

Follow Up By: IvanTheTerrible - Friday, Dec 27, 2019 at 11:35

Friday, Dec 27, 2019 at 11:35
We am support vehicle for a hayrun on Australia Day. Six thousand K round trip for us.
FollowupID: 903970

Follow Up By: Kenell - Friday, Dec 27, 2019 at 15:54

Friday, Dec 27, 2019 at 15:54
Inspirational stuff - makes you proud to be an Aussie.
For those who have the fitness and the time I can commend Blazeaid. I had an involvement early in the year in Vic. I was among the younger participants in my mid 60s but drew a lot of strength from the dedication and pluck of the people who were just having a go. Our efforts were appreciated deeply and it was a very humbling experience. By comparison the fires we were responding to were small and there were no lives lost. Blazeaid volunteers over the next 12 months or more will be worth their weight in gold given the enormity of the catastrophes before us. There are things the less fit can do to help too including prep of meals and admin but if you have fencing experience they won't let you out of their sights !!
FollowupID: 903980

Follow Up By: Hewy54 - Friday, Dec 27, 2019 at 16:28

Friday, Dec 27, 2019 at 16:28
Blazeaid is a wonderful group.
There are many of us who cannot afford to donate money, but Blazeaid is a great opportunity to donate time.
There is always work there for all ages, experience and physical abilities.
FollowupID: 903982

Sponsored Links