ThreadID: 139555 Views:9706 Replies:4 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
So bargains aren't always bargains!
Especially from 4WD Supacentre
Get your deal of the week here
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ron N - Tuesday, Jan 14, 2020 at 13:21

Tuesday, Jan 14, 2020 at 13:21
Gerard, that prosecution is really just the tip of the iceberg, designed to frighten others into compliance.

I for one, am thoroughly sick of the jacking-up of prices, and the resulting "70% discount" or "80% discount" BS, that comes as part of any "Sale" today.

Who remembers when "Sales" were only a few times a year?
Now, one "Sale" ends, and another starts, just a few days later, producing an entirely different reason for a "Sale".

Opening a window is enough reason to start a "Sale" today, it appears.

Thank the good Lord for the likes of Google to be able to check pricing instantly, and to compare online prices to "bricks-and-mortar" prices.

I never buy a thing today without an extensive price search beforehand. But the retailers still love the "impulse" buyers.

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 629518

Follow Up By: Banjo (WA) - Wednesday, Jan 15, 2020 at 07:40

Wednesday, Jan 15, 2020 at 07:40
What makes it worse is that 15-20 years ago the Government agency known then as Consumer Affairs were red hot on ensuring that discounts were genuine.

Many people were conditioned to believe that advertised specials were factual.

Nowadays the ridiculous discounts offered are ignored by the 'public servants'.
FollowupID: 904485

Follow Up By: Kazza055 - Wednesday, Jan 15, 2020 at 09:27

Wednesday, Jan 15, 2020 at 09:27
You don't really expect to find that all advertising is for real and truthful do you?

FollowupID: 904488

Reply By: Mick O - Tuesday, Jan 14, 2020 at 15:07

Tuesday, Jan 14, 2020 at 15:07
This company is essentially owned by Express Media, you know the mob that produced 4x4Action Magazine, the yobbos that gave us a whole new way of speaking as they described their 'Cracking' drives through "the Simmo" and 'awesome' and 'epic' drives up the cape.

Their clout with the magazine gives them a platform for peddling their own products and believe me, it's been the main breadwinner for them as interest wained in the Mag due to it's one eyed content and boganesque attitude. I think I just made that word up but you get the idea of what Shauno and Graeme are peddling - lowest common denominator stuff.

As others have commented, this stuff is pitched at their Mag audience. Most of it is chinese made and can be sourced much cheaper through local and/or overseas supplies like Aliexpress. Just try searching any of their products on ebay and then aliexpress. You'll be suprised......LED torches allegedly valued at $69.95 now reduced to $14.95 when the exact same item costs $3USD on Ali or can be obtained for flea-bay for between $7-$10 AUD.....DELIVERED!

Do be fooled by the advertsing style and hype - Do your research which only needs to be as simple as a cut and past and a few extra keystrokes into google!

Cheers,

''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 629519

Reply By: RMD - Tuesday, Jan 14, 2020 at 16:13

Tuesday, Jan 14, 2020 at 16:13
I wonder if they got hammered with the Gavel, it may be underweight and also discounted too. Do they still print 4wd magazines? I probably haven't looked for a few years so don't know.

Mick
Boganesque is a perfect word for the type of dumbo they show in mags and videos. I have a dictionary beside me and will pencil it in under B. Favourite flower is "Boganvilliers", are they 2 stroke or 4 stroke?
AnswerID: 629520

Follow Up By: Member - sparra - Tuesday, Jan 14, 2020 at 17:10

Tuesday, Jan 14, 2020 at 17:10
No more magazines,They have gone digital,they lost me a fair while ago when they started trying the bog holes and steep tracks,winching out etc,...........All4adventure much more interesting show.??
no good being the richest man in the cemetry

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 904473

Follow Up By: Mick O - Tuesday, Jan 14, 2020 at 17:33

Tuesday, Jan 14, 2020 at 17:33
Two stroke, noisy & blowing lots of smoke RMD :-)
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 904475

Reply By: Member - 2208mate - Wednesday, Jan 15, 2020 at 15:22

Wednesday, Jan 15, 2020 at 15:22
Hehe, aside the the deal of the week not really being the deal of the week, I have had a good run for quite a few years with this mob, from back when they were tigerZ or something close to that.
I did have a failure with the 12v wheelnut remover after about 4 years but had also used it for some heavy duty work outside of the advertised selling use.
My son recently had a new double cylinder Thumper fail on it's first outing which was bad considering where we were but my old single cylinderThumper saved the day and getting it sorted out was a lot easier than their previous lack of consideration(so I'm told)
I have, air comp, lights, draws, roof rack, bags, awnings, gazebo, recovery gear, first aid kit. My Son has had a couple of their swags for 3 years and they still look AOK to me. He also has a lot of the other stuff similar to mine which is doing the job honestly.
I spend about a total of 3 months per year scratching around using this outfit and I reckon I'm having a value for money experience.
Some of my peers who have only bought 'brand' names are astonished that the "cheap Chinese rubbish" does the same o same o for a fraction of the price and is usefully lasting every bit as well.
I consider this type of kit consumable and as such only need it to last the distance... much as how I replace tyres ect.
AnswerID: 629534

Follow Up By: Member - Trouper (NSW) - Tuesday, Jan 21, 2020 at 17:52

Tuesday, Jan 21, 2020 at 17:52
Agreed 2208mate. I also have purchased stuff from them and have been quite satisified with cost and performance. The single cylinder Thumper Air is a case in point, now 2 years old and works well only paid $95 incl. postage cant complain about that.
Jeff
FollowupID: 904658

Follow Up By: Member - McLaren3030 - Wednesday, Jan 22, 2020 at 08:17

Wednesday, Jan 22, 2020 at 08:17
Hi Trouper,

Out of curiosity, how often have you used your compressor, and on what size tyres? Reason for the question, is that there are many cheap compressors on the market, mostly made in the same factory in China, and they just do not seem to “cut the mustard” when it comes to continuous usage on multiple large capacity tyres. As an example, large vehicle towing a dual axle trailer/caravan, at least eight tyres from say around 22 psi back up to 45 psi. From the research I have done, most of the cheap compressors take a considerable amount of time to pressure up multiple large tyres, and the unit gets very hot in doing so.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 904672

Sponsored Links