Alarm System - wireless with SMS

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 23, 2020 at 21:22
ThreadID: 139579 Views:5280 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, I had an alarmsystem installed in my live-in motorhome once, which was quite useful. Type Watchguard SMS2010. It had 2 motion wireless sensors and could send an SMS when triggered, also could be de/activated by sms.
I now upgraded the camper but can't find the controller anymore, so its time for a new system.
Watchguard SMS2020 now with app, but I see several less overpriced systems now on Ebay.
Does anybody has installed one of the systems and has some experiences to share?
For example, low batteries in the sensors triggered the alarm continiously, even thou I deactivated the SMS2010 system from remote.
The new one seem to warn on low battery.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: FullonCamper - Monday, Jan 27, 2020 at 19:41

Monday, Jan 27, 2020 at 19:41
Here a short followup.
I purchased the second generation of Watchguard SMS2010, which is the SMS2020.
But mine is actually the original Chinese model Chuango G5W, keypad, not touch screen and with G3 only. I payed for a used one on ebay $210, they go for $350 new, as there are 4G and touch screen models already.
That one now sends sms for low sensor battery. Problem with this model will be that its programned to send sms when out of network which is no good for campers. I will have to delete the phone number in its app, to not receive any messages whilst driving. Also power on/off will be reported with sms, so keeping it switched off while on the road won't do. That is for cheap sim card plans, with limited sms. Flat sms, no problem here I guess. It can be activated by remote control, by RFID tocken, on the keypad or sending sms by phone or app.
They optional wireless key pad got bad review.
The only 2 dealers I found
Mad Electronics Australia an Bluee for Watchguard, but Chuango brand is cheaper. On Chuango webpage you find manuals. Watchguardsystems.com.au is the other. Watchguard.com.au only shows the old models, not avaliable anymore.
cheers
AnswerID: 629755

Sponsored Links