Sunshine Coast caravan parks

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 28, 2020 at 16:03
ThreadID: 139606 Views:9951 Replies:7 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
We are doing a trip next year which we plan to stay one week on the sunshine coast,
can anyone recommend a good caravan park ( coastal preferred) thanks...…….
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Racey - Tuesday, Jan 28, 2020 at 19:38

Tuesday, Jan 28, 2020 at 19:38
Take your pick thy are all expensive. :-)
AnswerID: 629774

Reply By: rumpig - Tuesday, Jan 28, 2020 at 20:17

Tuesday, Jan 28, 2020 at 20:17
Depends where on the coast you want to visit, but we don't mind the Noosa North Shore Beach Campground. If you prefer a modern flashy type van park, this won't be for you...if you want laid back right on the beach, then you might like this park. LINK
AnswerID: 629775

Reply By: Norm F - Tuesday, Jan 28, 2020 at 21:45

Tuesday, Jan 28, 2020 at 21:45
Cotton Tree seems to be the favorite, central to everything!
"the only thing constant in my life is change"

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 629779

Reply By: Bobjl - Tuesday, Jan 28, 2020 at 21:49

Tuesday, Jan 28, 2020 at 21:49
Caloundra has several good parks including Big 4
Closer to Noosa is Tewantin which has several nice parks.
In between those is Cotton Tree Park [near Maroochydore], very large park and popular, on the Ocean and River. Google search Caravan Parks Sunshine Coast- plenty of them but at times, pre booking essential. Have stayed at both Big Fours and Cotton Tree and have no issues. It all depends on what you are seeking. Good Luck.
AnswerID: 629780

Reply By: Member - Mark C (QLD) - Tuesday, Jan 28, 2020 at 22:14

Tuesday, Jan 28, 2020 at 22:14
Dickies Beach just north of Caloundra is great. On the beach and walk to shops and surf club.
Mark And Helen QLD
Living the Dream

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 629781

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Tuesday, Jan 28, 2020 at 22:30

Tuesday, Jan 28, 2020 at 22:30
We stayed at two Sunshine Coast CPs last winter.

Rivershore Resort in Maroochydore is very nice. There's quite a good pool and restaurant there. It's open to the public so it can get a bit crowded. This CP is good if you are travelling with kids. It is a bit costly but you're only there for a week, make the most of it.

Rivershore Resort.

If you are travelling without kids, and especially without a dog, then I can highly recommend the Mudjimba CP just over on the north side of the Maroochy River. The CP is Council owned and they have just extended the grounds to the south. The orange circled area in this photo:

This new section does not allow dogs (big tick from me), has brand new facilities and very large sites. We really enjoyed our stay there.

It's a quick walk to the beach and to some shops that includes the Sunrise Bakery that has the best pies in Australia (no exaggeration).

A short drive north gets you to the Marcoola Surf Club. Great menu and a really nice location. Their BLAT sandwich was yummy (Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado and Tomato).

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 629782

Reply By: Kenell - Wednesday, Jan 29, 2020 at 07:40

Wednesday, Jan 29, 2020 at 07:40
We stayed at Mudjimba CP in August last year. Didn't have much trouble getting in although it was pretty busy. Lots of regulars go back each year. It is away from the hubble bubble a bit so it is very quiet. As Gone Bush said there are some little shops within walking distance and so is the beach. You are quite close to the airport but no planes at night and we didn't really notice it much during the day. Its no Mascot / Tullamarine etc. I prefer the peace and quiet being away from main centres. Good facilities. We had a death in the family and had to head home unexpectedly and the manager couldn't have been more accommodating. Very nice people in the office.

Rowlie
AnswerID: 629783

Follow Up By: Pushy - Wednesday, Jan 29, 2020 at 09:00

Wednesday, Jan 29, 2020 at 09:00
Mudjimba is excellent if you want to keep away from the hustle and bustle but still stay close to the beach.
FollowupID: 904882

Follow Up By: Gone Bush (WA) - Wednesday, Jan 29, 2020 at 10:47

Wednesday, Jan 29, 2020 at 10:47
The airport is certainly worth mentioning as they can be a source of annoying noise for some people.

I used to work in the aviation industry and actually prefer to be near an airport to watch all the action.
I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 904885

Sponsored Links