Major New Feature added to ExplorOz Traveller - now available

Hi everyone,
Overnight, our latest release to V3.11.0 of ExplorOz Traveller was published for all platforms - Apple, Android & Windows and in this version we have included a new feature that has been requested numerious times - Track Log "follow".

The purpose of this new feature is to allow people to load to the map screen a saved Snail Trail (Track Log) as an overlay - we had received feedback that people wanted to be able to follow routes that they had previously driven (and includes ability to follow other people's Track Logs) so that's what this is about.

We have completely revised the User Manual (PDF) to provide full step-by-step instructions for using this feature (and updated many other sections). There are more screen shots and all are updated to reflect current layout/buttons etc.

You can open the User Manual from in the app by following the blue button at the very bottom of the Home Screen in the app (labelled User Manual & About).

For your convenience, we also provide a copy of the same PDF on theTraveller Webpage - and here is a
Direct Link to User Manual PDF. You can save a copy of this PDF on your computer, or print it.

Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 10 Moderator

Reply By: Member -Pinko (NSW) - Saturday, Feb 15, 2020 at 14:07

Saturday, Feb 15, 2020 at 14:07
Thank you Michelle.
Living is a journey,it depends on where you go !
VKS 737 mobile 0049 selcall 0049

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 630065

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, Feb 15, 2020 at 15:38

Saturday, Feb 15, 2020 at 15:38
How good is the manual!!!
FrankP

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 630066

Reply By: Member - wicket - Tuesday, Feb 18, 2020 at 09:02

Tuesday, Feb 18, 2020 at 09:02
Michelle
With this update split screen on my ipad has stopped working :(
AnswerID: 630124

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Tuesday, Feb 18, 2020 at 09:30

Tuesday, Feb 18, 2020 at 09:30
Ok with Android :-)
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 905354

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Feb 18, 2020 at 10:38

Tuesday, Feb 18, 2020 at 10:38
Is anyone else having a problem with split screen on iPad? Because we've checked the code and it should still be working. WE don't actually have a split screen supported iPad here today to test it on so if anyone else can confirm its working on their iPad would be much appreciated. We have had no other reports of this other than Wicket's comment above.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 905357

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Feb 18, 2020 at 21:57

Tuesday, Feb 18, 2020 at 21:57
Ok this is now fixed so there is a new ios version v3.11.1 in Apple store awaiting release.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 905378

Reply By: Member - wicket - Tuesday, Feb 18, 2020 at 14:52

Tuesday, Feb 18, 2020 at 14:52
I should also add that the Slide Over view has stopped working also , guessing the two are related. This is the only app doing this , all other apps that have split view and slide over are working as normal. Using IOS 13.3.1
AnswerID: 630130

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Feb 18, 2020 at 21:59

Tuesday, Feb 18, 2020 at 21:59
As posted above both these issues now fixed in ios new version v3.11.1 in apple store awaiting release. Thanks for reporting.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 905379

Reply By: Member - wicket - Wednesday, Feb 19, 2020 at 09:02

Wednesday, Feb 19, 2020 at 09:02
Thanks for the prompt fix Michelle, all working well now.
AnswerID: 630135

Reply By: The Original JohnR (Vic) - Wednesday, Mar 25, 2020 at 10:33

Wednesday, Mar 25, 2020 at 10:33
Hi Michelle, your app is of interest and your pages show screenshots of cars with the mapping on a phone and also the radio/GPS screen. Does ExplorOz Traveller work through Apple Car Play and it's Android equivalent, please?
AnswerID: 630708

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Mar 25, 2020 at 10:50

Wednesday, Mar 25, 2020 at 10:50
Hi John we just have an aftermarket Android headunit in our LC so what you're seeing is the app directly installed on the indash system. Ours cost about $350 but its a foreign import bought online from Ali Express. Self installed.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 906207

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Wednesday, Mar 25, 2020 at 12:48

Wednesday, Mar 25, 2020 at 12:48
Michelle,

I have a few questions on the EO traveller.

1)on your website it says "Provides active navigation from current position with turn by turn directions to selected POIs"

What does selected POI's mean? Is it all EO POIs or just a selection?

2)Do the turn by turn driving directions work offline to all of the above POI's?

3)Is the turn by turn based on Topo 250?

4)Can I insert waypoints or interim stops in the turn by turn directions?

5)If I stray off the track, will it auto re route?

6)Can I download ( upload?) a list of waypoints or a track to it then have it route to those POI
's?

7)In Q 6 above, can I load my own POI's to navigate to?

thanks
AnswerID: 630711

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Wednesday, Mar 25, 2020 at 12:56

Wednesday, Mar 25, 2020 at 12:56
Also I am looking to use my DEvice to log tracks again.

Can you please point me to where I can add my recent phone and where my old devices have gone. Admittedly I haven't used this for a while but I can't find out how to add devices.
FollowupID: 906210

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Mar 25, 2020 at 12:58

Wednesday, Mar 25, 2020 at 12:58
The questions you are asking are fully explained in the User Manual. Anyone can download it even if you haven't bought the app yet. It's available as a PDF file on the ExplorOz Traveller webpage - go to the section Support Help - then look for the section labled User Manual. Open the PDF and read online, download to your computer, or print. its about 30 pages long includes screen shots and detailed step by step instructions.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 906211

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Wednesday, Mar 25, 2020 at 14:41

Wednesday, Mar 25, 2020 at 14:41
I looked briefly through it but could not find any headlines that caught my attention.

I can't see that I need to read 30 pages of a Manual to try and buy something to be honest.

I have looked at what was usable before and can't find what I was looking for, including how to get the tracing working again.
FollowupID: 906213

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Mar 25, 2020 at 15:22

Wednesday, Mar 25, 2020 at 15:22
Your questions:
1)on your website it says "Provides active navigation from current position with turn by turn directions to selected POIs" What does selected POI's mean? Is it all EO POIs or just a selection?

Please refer Table of Contents - Navigation - Active Navigation - links to Page 18.

2)Do the turn by turn driving directions work offline to all of the above POI's?
Please refer to Table of Contents - Navigation - Using the Navigator Offline - links to Page 20

3)Is the turn by turn based on Topo 250? - as above, see Page 20.

4)Can I insert waypoints or interim stops in the turn by turn directions?
as above see section about Navigation. Answer is yes.

5)If I stray off the track, will it auto re route?
No - as explained in the Navigation section of the User Manual it won't auto-recalculate - but there is a "recalculate" button should you need it.

6)Can I download ( upload?) a list of waypoints or a track to it then have it route to those POI
's?
In the app the term Places is the name used for waypoints or POIs. This is explained in the Overview & Terminology section of the User Manual. In the User Manual you'll see a section "How to use the map" and a subheading - Places. The app allows you to create your own Places but it doesn't allow you to import waypoints directly - however can be done in the website but only if you have GPX files. You go to Places on the website - and there you'll see the import GPX file tool. These become your "Private Places". So refer to the User Manual for instructions how these are imported into the app on your device - its as simple as pressing a button in the Data Manager.

7)In Q 6 above, can I load my own POI's to navigate to?
Yes as explained above. The app allows you to either create Private Places in app or import GPX waypoints as Private Places. To navigate to a Place is very simple as outlined in the User Manual.

Tony - you are asking specific usage questions, which require detailed explanations. However the app is very intuitive and easy to figure out once its loaded. You don't need to figure it all out before buying it but if you feel you need to then yes read the whole User Manual as a picture speaks a thousands words. We have tried to make the first few pages the most useful with the Overview & Terminology section to cover off most people's initial questions - the rest of the user manual goes into the specifics and nitty gritty and we don't expect people would bother to read that much pre-purchase.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 906215

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Wednesday, Mar 25, 2020 at 15:38

Wednesday, Mar 25, 2020 at 15:38
Thanks Michelle

I'll look through that again.

I am sure that it is very intuitive to use but you don't offer a trial version. I have several mapping programs already and EO may be a good alternative/addition if it is a hybrid Vector / Raster type solution that can have flexible and detailed off road navigation.

You did send an email to members asking that they buy this product, I'm trying and would if it has the features I want, but I don't want to buy it then find it doesn't.

It is like asking someone to buy a car to take it for a test drive to see if it's suitable.

In that light I don't see that it is at all unreasonable to ask questions about the product without having to go through the manual I tried that and without the product, in front of me, it means little to be honest.

FollowupID: 906216

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Mar 25, 2020 at 16:00

Wednesday, Mar 25, 2020 at 16:00
Suggest you might find the ExplorOz Traveller webpage helpful then - take the links to the app stores and view the app listings where you will see the latest screen shots of every main page of the app.

You can also read reviews from other people that own/use the app to help decide if this is for you.

At the end of the day, it's totally your choice to make the decision based on the info we provide. I think the app store also offer a short cooling off period - ie. you can cancel for a refund if less than 24hrs or something but they are very strict on this so check that first as we have no access or ability to refund as we don't get any access to customer transactions. Your payment is to the store - not paid to us - we are paid at end of month by the store after they've taken their 40% commission....
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 906217

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Thursday, Mar 26, 2020 at 08:16

Thursday, Mar 26, 2020 at 08:16
MIchelle,

Apparently I only have 2 hours to get an automatic refund on the play store Obviously not enough time. Then for 48 hours, I have to apply via a browser, not Play, and it is up to the developer to decide if a refund will be granted.

Would you grant that if I do a trial for 2 days?

Also not really related to the traveller app, can you point me to instructions or the link for where I can add a device to my previously purchased tracker feature. All my previously connected devices have disappeared, and I can't see where to add a new phone or restore my old devices.

thanks
FollowupID: 906225

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 26, 2020 at 17:59

Thursday, Mar 26, 2020 at 17:59
Boobook,

If you download the manual (pdf file) from the Traveller Support/Help page you can, of course, then print it.

My printer will automatically arrange the pages into a booklet format. If yours can do that I recommend you do it and have a good read. Way better than on screen, IMO. Just a suggestion.

I do have another suggestion - Just do it, mate :-). It's better than just a navigator. It integrates other parts of EO's offerings, which are extensive. I think it is a fabulous system. It doesn't have everything, but as I've written elsewhere, combine it in your tablet with something like OziExplorer for Android or similar for iDevices and a collection of maps and you really have a Rolls Royce nav package.

I admit that I quite like spending other folk's money, but if it's in your budget it's a worthwhile investment for an inveterate traveller.

For the record, I have no financial interest in EO, just clearly a satisfied customer.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 906257

Follow Up By: Member - Mike - Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 08:44

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 08:44
40% commission WOW!!!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 907618

Sponsored Links