Dtronic Vs Tunit

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 22, 2004 at 11:53
ThreadID: 14006 Views:3114 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone had any experience with the new Tunit chip from Bxxxxx d? How does it compare with the Dtronic. It is supposed to be "tunable" by changing internal links to suit differnt engine conditions. Prices seem similar.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rosscoe - Tuesday, Jun 22, 2004 at 13:04

Tuesday, Jun 22, 2004 at 13:04
There's an article in this months 4WD monthly - got a pretty good review from memory. Only thing that worried me was a comment that said they set it conservativley to limit excess ware on the engine. I thought the maniufactures were also conservative. Is this just a matter of degree??
The article did record slight increase in fuel consumption on the test vehicle
AnswerID: 64385

Reply By: Member - TonyG (NSW) - Tuesday, Jun 22, 2004 at 15:02

Tuesday, Jun 22, 2004 at 15:02
Hi All,

How do you go with warranty if you install on of these?

I like the idea of extra performace, but not if it is going to void the warranty

Thanks

TonyG
AnswerID: 64415

Follow Up By: Martyn (WA) - Tuesday, Jun 22, 2004 at 21:11

Tuesday, Jun 22, 2004 at 21:11
TonyG,
The man from Nissan told me that if the failure could be attributed to the accessories you've fitted except genuine Nissan accessories you're on your own. Because of the failures of the Nissan mechanical components I've become a bit paranoid about this lot so I now run all the mechanical mods via Nissan and where possible I get a written conformation that whatever I'm doing is OK. I suspect this will wear off after a while, like the warranty but while I'm still keen I'll keep doing it. I've seen ideas mentioned about ripping accessories off if something goes wrong, personally when a vehicle craps itself the last thing I'm thinking of is taking off all the accessories so I'll be OK with the warranty, some accessories take ages to remove and reinstate the original gear. Any inspector looking at vehicle for a warranty claim will be able to spot anything suspicious a mile away, funny, they know what to look for. As usual my opinions.
Keep the shiny side up

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 325528

Follow Up By: Rosscoe - Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 09:44

Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 09:44
The Dtronic claims to be able to be removed in seconds. So each time you have to take it to the dealer you disconnect it. Theory, as I don't have one!
FollowupID: 325819

Sponsored Links