Caravan Instantaneous Hot Water System

Submitted: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 20:20
ThreadID: 140075 Views:8607 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All

I am after information, good or bad from other forumites who might have an instantaneous hws in their caravan or had one in the recent past. I currently have a Truma BT14 hws that needs replacing and am looking to replace it with an instant system instead. I have searched previous threads here but they tdate back several years so I am looking for up to date information.

Thanks
Snolly
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: DDCman - Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 22:55

Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 22:55
A couple of years ago, I installed one of these.

WHITE Camec Digital Instantaneous Gas Water Heater.

Totally useless! Can barely get to 37 degrees C. It only has a 37,000 BTU heater.

A better option would have been the Suburban Nautilus instant gas hot water; it has a 60,000 BTU heater, and only requires a round hole to be cut in the outside wall.

Graham
AnswerID: 631820

Reply By: Peter_n_Margaret - Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 08:57

Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 08:57
There is a Bosch domestic instant HWS with a 12V ignition system and no pilot light that has been used in some motorhomes. It must be installed totally sealed from the interior of the van to be legal.

My choice was a Webasto diesel powered unit that provides storage hot water plus central heating (and is also connected to the motor).
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome
AnswerID: 631825

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 10:14

Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 10:14
X 2 on the Webasto.

They also make an instant variant (ie, not storage).
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 908135

Reply By: Member - Vince M (NSW) - Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 12:59

Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 12:59
Snolly
I fitted an Endless Hot water system (brand name) with digital temperature setting & it’s been great (don't get the one with dial setting) it will give you the temperature you require at the flick of a switch. The best way to use is set temp for shower or whatever & don't touch it or taps again until finished if you turn off during shower you will get some cold then boiling water again & then back to std temp you set, So it does use more water as the best way is set temp turn on & leave on until finished It has no tank so no corrosion or anodes, It can handle freezing conditions as no tank to freeze & split , no waiting time for water to heat, if you’ve got water/gas/12v you can supply hot water continuously , the model I have is designed to replace the suburban hot water system, mine is fitted to a large slide on that’s on a 4wd truck that’s done Cape York, CSR, GRR etc. without any issues. Good luck on what you decide there is so many on the market
AnswerID: 631827

Sponsored Links