Exploroz Traveller Question

I installed Traveller & the offline maps onto our ipad & iphone last night & have been familiarising myself with the app this morning. I am liking what I see, but have come up against something I don't understand & that the manual is not proving enlightening on.

Being a weekend the support folk are not available via the chat line, so I thought I'd ask the more experienced users here if you might be able to help

As far as I can tell I have done identical installs on both devices, settings the same.
I made a test 'Private Place', & updated 'Places' in Data Manager so both devices show the same total of Places.

However whilst the test place shows on the map on my phone it does not show on the iPad. The only difference I can see is that in 'Map Layers' on the ipad 'Private Places' has a small red icon next to it which looks like a golf tee (Its next to Public Places too). See screen shots below. I have been unable to find any reference to the 'golf tee' icons. It is possible they are unrelated my to my 'Private Place' only showing on one device??

Can anyone shed any light for me please?
Thanks
Cuppa

EDIT: I have now found why the 'Private Place' was not showing on the iPad. I had the 'Population Filter' turned off. (I had wrongly assumed - that the filter would only apply to 'Public Places' - Doh! Would still like to know what the 'golf tee' icons are though.

See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - wicket - Saturday, Jun 13, 2020 at 14:26

Saturday, Jun 13, 2020 at 14:26
That refers to the “ Filtered Places” you have deselected some
AnswerID: 632126

Reply By: Member - Cuppa - Saturday, Jun 13, 2020 at 14:30

Saturday, Jun 13, 2020 at 14:30
Aha! Thank you Wicket. As you can see from my 'Edit' above, I was half way there, but you have made it clear. Appreciate you posting!
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 632127

Follow Up By: Member - Kia1 - Thursday, Jun 25, 2020 at 15:53

Thursday, Jun 25, 2020 at 15:53
I was wondering the same, did not know what the "golf Tee" was. Now I am much wiser.
Baz
FollowupID: 908873

Sponsored Links