Inawise TPMS - Australian Reseller found - Follow Up

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 17, 2020 at 20:28
ThreadID: 140158 Views:7276 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
See original thread for relevance

I received 5 of the Valor internal sensors and installed them today with the new tyres.

Sensors are strapped to the rim with a long stainless steel hose clip. Installation was not a problem. Placed the receiver chips in the Inawise Display and went through the system registration process.

All good. Display showed the correct tyre pressures on all tyres.

So this is proof that the Valor sensors, as sold in Australia, do work with the Inawise display. So for those of you with the Inawise TPMS there is now a proven source for spares.

Cheers John
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: bellony - Wednesday, Jun 17, 2020 at 22:22

Wednesday, Jun 17, 2020 at 22:22
Thanks for the update John

Were your original sensors strapped to the rim or an extension of the actual valve stem?

I have 2 Inawise systems, both have the sensors in the valve stem. I had to get a spare just before they shut down and Inawise was very specific in wanting to know if my system was V1 (stem) or V2 (strap), I got the impression that they were not inter-changeable but hopeful that I am wrong as all the spares now are straps.
AnswerID: 632192

Follow Up By: Member - J&A&KK - Wednesday, Jun 17, 2020 at 23:07

Wednesday, Jun 17, 2020 at 23:07
Hi Bellony

My original in Tyre sensors were attached to the valve stem. The replacements are strap on to the rim.

From my current experience they are definitely interchangeable. My tyre fitter, was dubious that the strap on sensors would work. However all good no problems. The chips that plug into the back of the display are identical to the originals.

So all in all a good experience.

Cheers John
FollowupID: 908675

Follow Up By: bellony - Wednesday, Jun 17, 2020 at 23:32

Wednesday, Jun 17, 2020 at 23:32
Thanks John

I have a couple of sensors that take a few hundred KM to wake up so might order some replacements. Still think the Inawise is the simplest to reset when adjusting pressures.

Cheers
Tony
FollowupID: 908676

Reply By: catmandoo - Thursday, Jun 18, 2020 at 06:32

Thursday, Jun 18, 2020 at 06:32
Hi John,

That's great news. I took a gamble and ordered a replacement sensor unit to replace a valve stem sensor that has gone to god. I have yet to have it fitted, but I now feel a lot more confident that I have made the right choice.

Many thanks for the follow up.
AnswerID: 632197

Follow Up By: catmandoo - Sunday, Jun 21, 2020 at 16:58

Sunday, Jun 21, 2020 at 16:58
Just had my sensor fitted. Replaced the chip in my control unit, reset it and all worked fine.

FollowupID: 908774

Sponsored Links