Quick (unsuccessful) fishing trip to Murchison Station

Submitted: Sunday, Aug 02, 2020 at 09:39
ThreadID: 140316 Views:6956 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived

Quick clip from the long weekender fishing last weekend. Drove up to Kalbarri in the Friday night, then made our way to the Murchison House Station on Saturday morning, where we checked in and got our green form. From there we cross the Murchison River and make our way via the scratchy rock and sand tracks to the fishing spot.

We didn’t too well with the fish this time, the swells were huge, and it was pretty hard going, for us and it seems the fish, but it was still a great spot and a great way to social distance. I normal state when camping, I only eat to stay alive, this time I broke out the limited cooking skills I have..

You could reach this spot with a normal unmodified 4WD, probably even a good AWD SUV, but due to the rocks, I would suggest having better tyres that are made for this terrain, and can run all day at lower pressures without wrecking them.

You will also have to be OK with getting scratches (bush pin stripes), the scrub will be scraping down the sides for longish sections. Nothing that polish won’t fix, but if I had just bought a 100+K Landcruiser Sahara with metallic paint, I might wait until it’s a bit older..
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: noggins - Sunday, Aug 02, 2020 at 10:17

Sunday, Aug 02, 2020 at 10:17
Not much fish on the other side of the river either.
Depended where we were to whether we get Blowies, small Bream or a few just size sand Whiting.
We'll be leaving Kalbarri on Monday and try some coastal fishing on the way back home .

Ron
AnswerID: 632798

Reply By: qldcamper - Sunday, Aug 02, 2020 at 18:47

Sunday, Aug 02, 2020 at 18:47
Unsuccessful?
It was still a successful trip in my opinion.
Good drive, piecful private camp spot, good fire, cold beer, good food and good mates.
What was so unsuccessful, no fish?
Minor detail.
Thanks for sharing it with us.
AnswerID: 632806

Reply By: JJAdv - Monday, Aug 03, 2020 at 10:34

Monday, Aug 03, 2020 at 10:34
I meant the fishing, this spot normally never disappoints.. The rest as you suggested was a great weekend out.
AnswerID: 632814

Sponsored Links