Trip analysis and mateship

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 22, 2004 at 23:07
ThreadID: 14033 Views:1608 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Folks,

Have been back over a day now and have had the ability to go back through fuel figures and the like.

I hope the table below will make sense when it goes to the post
Home Litres Distance Km/Litre Litres/100km
Mildura 90.34 561.5 6.22 16.09
Broken Hill 62.37 305.4 4.90 20.42
Tibooburra 62 339 5.47 18.29
Innaminka 75.76 435.6 5.75 17.39
Birdsville 91.38 545 5.96 16.77
Oodnadatta 127.3 714.6 5.61 17.81
Port Augusta 144.4 867 6.00 16.66
Ararat 165 986.5 5.98 16.73

The first line of numbers is home to Mildura, the next Mildura to Broken Hill. I wonder whose litres may be bigger or smaller in these cases as that trip with Navigators more careful driving gives the worst fuel economy. It seems wrong.

I know the GU gives slightly longer Kms since I fitted the new tyres so the numbers should be good. There is close to 4 tonnes for that part of the journey.

Being a social animal we, Heather and I, have enjoyed very much the company of others we have met along the way and hope to see all again with our and their tripping. Being close to the Great Ocean Road I hope will aid them in thinking of visiting here.

In the last couple of days after logging the previous report we were able to catch up with Willem and Judith in Peterborough and then on to see Alan and Elaine at Berri. We were welcomed into homes by these hospitable people who had never met us before or known us apart from on this forum. It really reinforces the strength of character of those who contribute, for that sort of thing should never be assumed. There is as much real fellowship here as there is in many trumpeted organisations and the respect granted is fantastic.

The social contacts that build with the camps together as we have done with forumites in the Wombat or the tripping in the high country. Meeting with others around each others trips, Ruth and Ian, Alan and Lynda, Paul and Helen and the couple we tripped with in the Simpson, Charles and Robyn. We certainly can get a warm and fuzzy feeling, and nothing to do with Willems and my beards. Eh, bro! He is just a little shorter than me.

This site has a great lot of people contributing so much in Australian society and mateship. We look forward to seeing more of our friends, and hopefully soon.

Wish you the best of health
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Roachie- Tuesday, Jun 22, 2004 at 23:16

Tuesday, Jun 22, 2004 at 23:16
John,
It almost feels "wrong" to say to you WELCOME BACK HOME.....as I know that there is always mixed feelings about returning after a great trip.

Anyway, glad you had a good run and hope that one day we can catch up somewhere around the place. You're not, by chance, planning a trip up to Cape York in September/October, are you??? LOL

Now it's back to the real world and saving for the next adventure....
AnswerID: 64548

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Tuesday, Jun 22, 2004 at 23:28

Tuesday, Jun 22, 2004 at 23:28
Roachie,

Thanks mate.....

Love to be planning a trip like that but I think just at the moment that may be out. LOL Think Heather is thinking Davis Cup at the end of September in WA, but may head back to Eyre Peninsular next Feb or some sort. Perhaps we will catch up then.

Yes, back to reality now, meetings, heifer with broken leg, phone calls and the like.........

cheers
FollowupID: 325590

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 15:26

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 15:26
Have a few pix and hope te link will work here Album shots
FollowupID: 325655

Reply By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 11:13

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 11:13
Good to hear you are home safe and sound - lovely to meet you here - just to let you know the boat books are out again and the maps as well - planning on lots of time in the south this summer to annoy the Vics and SAussies. LOL
AnswerID: 64588

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 14:14

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 14:14
Ruth and Ian,

Am sure you could be the ones "annoyed" with Vics and South Aussies when you head south and we know your presence and whereabouts. It would need to be a bigger boat if it's for Bass Straight waters. Could it look like Greg Normans? hahhahah
FollowupID: 325643

Reply By: Willem - Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 17:30

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 17:30
Hi John,

Yes it was something else to see you untwine yourself out of the Nissan. This was a week of tall people as the earlier John(Vic) 6ft 6inches and Big Mr Al also 6ft 6inches passed by. None of you tall fellas could fit into my truck !!!

It was good to meet you and Heather and have a good natter. Glad you got home safely.
AnswerID: 64674

Reply By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 20:10

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 20:10
We just looked through the Photo Album - lovely. Especially liked the one of you bogged in the place where Ian siad "Don't Go!" He's still laughing.
AnswerID: 64703

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 20:18

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 20:18
Welcome home John, but I must say I wil miss your updates, thyve been great, it is indeed an honour to be invited into someones house from this forum, my wife Marie says that we have new friends all over the place and she hasnt met any of them hahahaha, that is indeed true, Berri with Elaine and Alan was a wonderful treat and very humbling, as I have said to Lynda all the people I have met from EO have been wonderful but I think its the outdoor pursuit and the sharing of an interest that brings great people together to this furm and to our great outdoors. Tis an Honour indeed.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 64710

Sponsored Links