4WD clubs in W.A.

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 12:40
ThreadID: 14042 Views:2027 Replies:7 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Howdy, Me and the bit of fluff are thinking about joining a 4WD club in W.A. Got a few mates who'd be in it as well.

We're mid 30's, don't mind a pony of Swan Gold on a hot day and enjoy a bit of humour. Drive a 4.5 GU Patrol and also have HJ75 with 6.5V8 in it. Not interested in politics, paperwork or prats. Don't wear Akubra's with plastic rain protectors or knee high socks either (not that there's anything wrong with that). Did my share expensive of silly things when I was younger too, but nowdays I can't be bothered with being overly competitive. Want to use my 4x4 but not destroy it. Don't mind watching other people f*&%up though.

In summary - nothing to prove, nothing too serious and just want to have a bit of fun.

Cheers!

BTW - thanks to all who replied re: the GU suspension. I'll post results when it's done.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Pluto - Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 12:54

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 12:54
For a start, have a look at the EO Club listing. If you follow the links from those club's pages, you'll find lots more.
AnswerID: 64608

Follow Up By: V8Diesel - Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 13:31

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 13:31
Sorry Pluto, should have mentioned that I looked at the EO club registy, W4WD'er magazine, the phone book, websites etc but I was after more of an opinion as to what the 'vibe' (don't know how else to put it) of the clubs are. Spoilt for choice you see.

Just trying to narrow the field down a little bit by letting people read between the lines. This forum is more 'conversational' than a website and there's more chance of finding a club that we'd 'fit in' to than simple trial and error.

FollowupID: 325630

Follow Up By: Pluto - Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 13:54

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 13:54
In that case I can only vouch for one.

Have a look at West Coast 4x4. The club's organisation and methods of conducting club buisness eliminates most of the politicing/infighting that goes on in many clubs and maximises the amount of time you dedicate to the club, spent on trips.

As part of the membership application process, you have to attend three trips as a visitor (good way to get to know them before commiting). So, keep an eye on their trips page (it's a little bare at the moment but that can change quickly) and give them a shout when you see a trip that takes your fancy.

Pluto
FollowupID: 325633

Reply By: Rod W - Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 13:00

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 13:00
Checkout this one too Web: bushcamping.bigpondhosting.com/
AnswerID: 64610

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 13:58

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 13:58
I can backup bushcamping, it's a great site, have met heaps of great people and been on some fantastic trips.
FollowupID: 325635

Follow Up By: Michelle from ExplorOz - Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 21:14

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 21:14
Rod as the contact person for this Club that has a listing on the site, you're link to your listing will be automatically displayed when you post in the forum provided you are logged on using the Customer logon when you use the Forum. I only say this as we noticed you weren't logged on and it would have saved you some trouble.
ExplorOz

Business Member
My Profile  My Blog

FollowupID: 325740

Reply By: Martyn (WA) - Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 14:38

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 14:38
V8Diesel,
I'm in the 4WD club of WA, check the web site out it's good fun, trips both long and short, wide range of people, I would call it a family / social club, the odd beer has been drunk, I wore a plastic mac once never done the sock thing. We have rated trips so you can choose what you want to do. Club meeting tomorrow night in Mount Lawley see the web page. On my members rig page the shot of my Rangie is from a trip down to Collie last weekend, great fun. Best thing would to be come along and make your own assesment, oe visit isn't going to hurt.
Keep the shiny side up

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 64643

Reply By: Member - Mark S (WA) - Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 14:48

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 14:48
try the wa4wda.com.au as they have a listing of clubs that are members (think that makes sense). as the others above have said pick what you want out of the proposed trips and go along for a visit. that way if you don't like them you can try somewhere else - mind you it also works the other way. as for a pony of swan gold - you must be joking on that one - who on earth drinks that cr$p now anyway and a pony - that's one for the archives. rgds
Slow down and relax......

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 64646

Follow Up By: Michelle from ExplorOz - Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 21:19

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 21:19
Hi Mark,
We noticed that neither your club - Peel, nor the 4WD Association have used the free ExplorOz listings for 4WD clubs. Simply go to Add Business and follow the prompts.

After doing this, an email will be sent to you with some instructions. This uses the same autosetup system for all advertisers, but when you go into the program and select the Club category you will not be charged.

We have been providing free advertising/promotion for 4WD clubs for 4 yrs so this is another good opportunity to promote this facility to all people in 4WD clubs who read this as we are very happy to have all 4WD clubs in Australia listed here to help our readers. Note - our listings expire after 12mths but an email will be sent to the person listed in the record and all they have to do is respond to request a rerun for the next year - again it is free!
ExplorOz

Business Member
My Profile  My Blog

FollowupID: 325746

Reply By: Member - Peter (York) - Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 15:31

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2004 at 15:31
Try York 4x4 monthly trips no fees no membership just a group of locals who like to get out in the bush for a bit of history and a campfire , we do from day trips to a week away ,all welcome except for bush bashers and idiots
phewitson@westnet.com.au or phone office hours 96411600
we have an overnighter this weekend inland from Wubin
next month Dragon rocks
september 5 nights Norseman and Dunns track
AnswerID: 64653

Reply By: motherhen - Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 00:09

Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 00:09
Check out "Micks Links" www.southwest.com.au/~ickbar/mickslinks.html has a list of 4wd clubs and lots of other useful links. Thanks Mick
AnswerID: 64779

Reply By: Member - Michael- Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 12:16

Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 12:16
you can check out the nearest club to you on the 4wd Assoc. web site and pick out a few clubs that 'tickle your fancy' or are in your area and attend a couple of their meetings and outings as a visitor; most clubs will let you do this. This is what SWMBO and I did before we joined our current club (Getaway 4WD).

Mike
May the fleas of a thousand afghan camels infect the crutch of your enemy and may their arms be too short to scratch.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 64826

Sponsored Links