Errk Oykangand national park

Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 13, 2020 at 08:58
ThreadID: 140632 Views:6362 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all hope yr all well. Looking at a trip from Normanton to Musgrave Qld. Has anyone done the rd to Mitchell River then onto Musgrave. If so what is it like?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Cuppa - Tuesday, Oct 13, 2020 at 11:43

Tuesday, Oct 13, 2020 at 11:43
If you are talking about going up to the crossing at Dunbar Station & on up through to Artemis statio (Dixie Track) the road is good. A few weeks ago I drove from Chillagoe to Dunbar (lots of bulldust in the 70-80kms east of Dunbar) , then went on to Kowanyama, & Pormpuraaw before returning via Musgrave & Artemis Station , turning off eastward part way down the Dixie Track to return to Chillagoe via Fairlight Station & the Palmerville Road. We did cross the Mitchell both ways at Dunbar (just for fun) . No problem. When camped by the crossing we met some folk who had come up from Normanton who described the road as 'good'. The top half of the Dixie track was a pleasant drive. Since then we have had friends drive the entire Dixie Track & it seems that there has been a lot of road widening along much of it's length since we were there. A real pity. What used to be a nice 'intimate' narrow track with lots of birdlife etc is now a relatively boring 4 lane dirt highway. :(
Pics early October 20
Video Late July

Crossing back across the Mitchell River (Towing Tvan) - Dunbar Crossing

See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 633719

Follow Up By: kerbarb9 - Tuesday, Oct 13, 2020 at 16:59

Tuesday, Oct 13, 2020 at 16:59
What a great reply. Thanks heaps
FollowupID: 910803

Sponsored Links