Mundal Track

Hi all, thinking of doing this trek solo in next few weeks. Anybody been there recently? I'm wondering about track conditions. I have fully equipped 4WD and all recovery equipment. Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Dusta - Tuesday, Oct 13, 2020 at 15:31

Tuesday, Oct 13, 2020 at 15:31
you will need no recovery gear. Hell you wont even have to let your tyres down. It's mostly farm access roads
AnswerID: 633721

Follow Up By: Member - Scruffy - Tuesday, Oct 13, 2020 at 18:18

Tuesday, Oct 13, 2020 at 18:18
Thanks Dusta, mmmm I thought it involved a river crossing or 2 and a muddy swamp. you never know until you go eh.
FollowupID: 910804

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Oct 15, 2020 at 20:53

Thursday, Oct 15, 2020 at 20:53
Really depends which section of the MundAl you intend to do or maybe you intend to tackle the full thing to Albany? The area is very much subject to weather however now that we're well into Spring I doubt that mud will be an issue. However, going solo one should always be prepared with all recovery gear - you never know when you'll need it and its not hard to get into a pickle - and its no problem if you have the gear to get yourself out. We always have a winch, blocks, straps etc, long handle shovel, air compressor, spares, a set of boards/Maxtrax, etc. It's all got a permanent home in the vehicle.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 633746

Sponsored Links