Anyone use a Parkit360

Submitted: Sunday, Oct 18, 2020 at 14:16
ThreadID: 140651 Views:6236 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone use a Parkit360 or any other Parkit model to move a camper trailer/caravan about? Interested in feedback. We are interested as we have a relatively tight area off a rear lane to move our camper trailer about to store it. Only problems we can foresee is a gentle slope and compacted crushed rock surface rather than concrete or asphalt.
Mal and Naomi
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kazza055 - Monday, Oct 19, 2020 at 10:11

Monday, Oct 19, 2020 at 10:11
Some years ago I would move my 16' poptop from the front driveway and park it out the back using one of the ratchet wheels.

Even the slight slope from the driveway into the garage was a problem and I would need to have a run up to get it over the very slight slope in the concrete. Once on level ground it was reasonably easy going until I hit the lawn where I needed to make a 90 degree turn.

Just the drag of the van wheels on the lawn made it harder but once the jockey wheel hit the grass it was a no go. I solved this by laying some planking and timber sheets so the jockey wheel was on a hard surface.

If you have a gravel type surface you might find the same thing so you also may need to lay down some timber.

I assume that the camper trailer is only a single axle and would expect that it weighs around 1500kg. Depending on how flat the area is will also determine if this is going to work our not as any rise is going to make it much harder to move using any type of jockey wheel, motorized or hand cranked.

I assume you need to spin the trailer 90 degrees to access your yard. Once the camper is lined up, could you use a winch to pull it from the rear?

I don't have a Parkit but did buy a similar motorised jockey wheel but I do not have enough room on the A Frame to mount it, my jockey wheel (jack) is mounted on a cross section between the 2 main chassis rails and I can not get the rotation needed to move my 2500kg van but it did manage to move the van a short distance until I needed to turn the van.

I now have a motorised jockey wheel that I don't need so if you are in Perth you could borrow it for a test - $200 and you could have it.
AnswerID: 633775

Follow Up By: Member - Mal and Naomi G - Monday, Oct 19, 2020 at 10:32

Monday, Oct 19, 2020 at 10:32
Yes we would be interested to see it and to be honest never seen a motorised jockey wheel. We live in Bellevue. We both work but could catch up on a weekend.
FollowupID: 910884

Follow Up By: Kazza055 - Monday, Oct 19, 2020 at 13:35

Monday, Oct 19, 2020 at 13:35
Shoot me an email to kazza.055 at westnet dot com dot au and we can sort something out.
FollowupID: 910890

Sponsored Links