Private Trek direction

Submitted: Thursday, Nov 05, 2020 at 13:15
ThreadID: 140717 Views:6357 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I created a private trek and somehow the order has become reversed. I can't see how to change this and reverse the direction of travel back to the original. Any ideas would be great.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Nov 05, 2020 at 19:20

Thursday, Nov 05, 2020 at 19:20
HI Glenn,
Are you sure its a Private Trek?
A feature of ExplorOz (Public) Treks is the option when you press GoTo to select the start/end point - ie to reverse the direction of the trek but this is not a feature in Private Treks. So if it really is a Private Trek
then I would suggest the following:

1. close the app (not push to background) and then launch again to reboot the app. This might fix the apparent glitch. Often when things aren't working problem you just have to do the basic things first. Most people don't close their apps properly and their devices/apps stop working properly. So please please check you are closing the app - each device/operating system has a different method so I can't tell you how to do it but you can Google instructions if you're unsure. In the Google search, type "how to close apps on Android 10" for example. Make sure you're doing it the right way.
2. If problem persists, then you've got to fix the Trek using reorder, or recreate it.

Hope this helps.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 634007

Reply By: Member - Glen B4 - Friday, Nov 06, 2020 at 14:37

Friday, Nov 06, 2020 at 14:37
Thanks Michelle. It definitely is a private track and shutting down the Windows 10 app didn't help. The strange thing is that the Trek Info has the correct Start location and correct Waypoint as the end but when I enter begin navigation, it completely reverses it and there are about 80 waypoints, so it is difficult to re-order.
Regards
Glen
AnswerID: 634018

Follow Up By: Member - Glen B4 - Friday, Nov 06, 2020 at 15:25

Friday, Nov 06, 2020 at 15:25
Hi Michelle, you wouldn't believe it. I added another waypoint and it recalculated every navigation point and suddenly reverted to correct direction. Hopefully it will stay that way.
As an aside, I note that the yellow line used to mark a trek almost completely overwrites the road names so it is very difficult to check a complicated trek for errors. Has anyone else had that issue?

Thanks
Glen
FollowupID: 911130

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Saturday, Nov 07, 2020 at 13:25

Saturday, Nov 07, 2020 at 13:25
Sounds like one of the places you had was wrong then but it's fixed now after the recalc good.

80 places in 1 trek? Why so big?? Def a lot of room for error there.

Is this just a trip plan overview or are you really going to use it for guided navigation? If so can you split it up into smaller Treks to make it more manageable? In reality you dont need to drive with the private trek guided prompts except for really different navigation segments where you are arent sure of the route, otherwise just follow your position on the map as you go for the main part of your trip as yes the route line is an overlay onto of roads already marked. But in v5 that we are currently finalizing this line is actually transparent allowing ability to more easily read any road names on the map below the route overlay....best when you ste zoomed in close so when building a Trek online that will help verify you are building the segments correctly.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 634030

Follow Up By: Member - Glen B4 - Saturday, Nov 14, 2020 at 21:07

Saturday, Nov 14, 2020 at 21:07
Thanks again Michelle. V5 sounds like it will really help treks. The reason for the 80places is that I was the lead car in a fund raising trip through 350 km of back roads with 54 vehicles. However, I will definitely break it up into multiple segments if I do that again.
FollowupID: 911223

Sponsored Links