Place Comment: Cape Peron

Submitted: Friday, Nov 06, 2020 at 00:12
ThreadID: 140724 Views:6921 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Whilst the photos and description are of Cape Peron, this waypoint is actually Point Peron.
Cape Peron is approximately 800kms north of here in Shark Bay.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Rod N (QLD) - Friday, Nov 06, 2020 at 06:40

Friday, Nov 06, 2020 at 06:40
The 'Places' web page appears to have the ability to edit the position of a place.
Wikicamps has the correct position of Cape Peron in the Francoise Peron National Park.
AnswerID: 634012

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Nov 06, 2020 at 15:22

Friday, Nov 06, 2020 at 15:22
Yep so do we, but someone uploaded their photos to wrong Place. All fixed now.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 911128

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Nov 06, 2020 at 15:21

Friday, Nov 06, 2020 at 15:21
The problem is fixed - someone had posted photos to the wrong Place. I've moved all the photos to the correct Place and fixed the name of this one (Point not Cape) and ensured the description is clear which is which. Thanks for the pick up. All sorted.

TIP: these types of fixes are performed daily - probably 20-200 places are a day are either new Places added/deleted/updated by our team of administrators. We actually get logs of every Place update, and comment, so we work through them all. Not just me, but a small team of volunteer Members who are Place Administrators - highly experienced people who not only know Places, but make the effort to do the checking and research/verification on everything that's in the database. Sometimes we miss things so we love to get alerts as its so quick and easy for us to fix this.

For this reason - remember to keep your Places database in the ExplorOz Traveller app updated - it takes just 1 minute to refresh your database - go to Data Manager and press Update.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 634020

Sponsored Links