Place Review: Brewery Flat Reserve

Submitted: Sunday, Dec 06, 2020 at 16:42
ThreadID: 140848 Views:5572 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived

My Place Rating: My Rating 1/5

It’s a pity the photos are upside down, some people have no idea on the correct placement of photos
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Dec 07, 2020 at 14:46

Monday, Dec 07, 2020 at 14:46
There is more to this Stephen, I saw your comment and investigated. It's not his fault. It's a bug on the website that has just occurred - seems that when people use the app (ExplorOz Traveller) to upload Place photos and the photos were originally taken with the phone to the wrong side, or in portrait orientation, the website isn't auto-rotating the image on the Place page output, even thought it has been auto rotated in the app.

We would really appreciate notifications from Members when things that don't seem right - ie. use our Help Desk. I don't ever assume that the customer is at fault and will investigate and test everything first. With the volume of public activity, the Help Desk ensures every job is handled and tracked through to resolution.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 634390

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Monday, Dec 07, 2020 at 15:13

Monday, Dec 07, 2020 at 15:13
FWIW it's not just EO's software that is affected by this.

Our club's forum software (Simple Machines) had the same problem in its latest version. As I understand it, within the metadata in pictures taken by smartphones (some, all or many, who knows) is information on picture orientation which enables the phone to always display the picture right side up. This got misinterpreted by our forum software, leading to pictures displaying on their sides or upside down.

Until the reason was discovered, some frequent contributors got a bit of a hard time :-)

FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 911543

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Dec 07, 2020 at 15:37

Monday, Dec 07, 2020 at 15:37
yes that's right. It's always worked in the past, but think something recent has changed somewhere along the line. We are looking at it and will have it sorted soon.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 911545

Follow Up By: Nomadic Navara - Monday, Dec 07, 2020 at 18:43

Monday, Dec 07, 2020 at 18:43
Basically, most of these problems would not occur if the posters orientated the phone in the same position when they post the photo as it was when they took the photo.

PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 911549

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Dec 07, 2020 at 19:10

Monday, Dec 07, 2020 at 19:10
Software has to cater for that though, no it's our issue to fix and we've just resolved it.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 911551

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Dec 07, 2020 at 19:09

Monday, Dec 07, 2020 at 19:09
We have fixed this issue now for all image uploads from the app. It was an issue at the server level (ie. website not within the app itself).
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 634394

Sponsored Links