MERRY CHRISTMAS

Submitted: Friday, Dec 25, 2020 at 07:47
ThreadID: 140897 Views:5575 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Merry Christmas David & Michelle and to all the team at Exploroz, thanks for all your efforts over this last 12 months.

Also a Merry Christmas to everyone on the Forum. There has been some very informative discussions on this forum, I believe it is the best forum for those of us that like to get out and about.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 17 Moderator

Reply By: TrevorDavid - Friday, Dec 25, 2020 at 07:59

Friday, Dec 25, 2020 at 07:59
Yes thats a big Ditto from me.

Merry Christmas & a healthy happy 2021

Regards

TrevorDavid
dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 634511

Reply By: Member - Cuppa - Friday, Dec 25, 2020 at 14:40

Friday, Dec 25, 2020 at 14:40
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 634514

Reply By: Member - Bigfish - Friday, Dec 25, 2020 at 15:21

Friday, Dec 25, 2020 at 15:21
Ditto from me as well. 2020 was a very ordinary years for most. Enjoy Xmas and stay safe..
AnswerID: 634515

Reply By: Member - Kia1 - Saturday, Dec 26, 2020 at 12:17

Saturday, Dec 26, 2020 at 12:17
Yep, all of the above.
Looking forward to some travel in 2021
Baz
AnswerID: 634521

Reply By: dad1340 - Sunday, Dec 27, 2020 at 16:37

Sunday, Dec 27, 2020 at 16:37
2021:
A hopefully Objective look at 2021 warts and all.
Looking at the light at the end of the tunnel ? - a Train maybe ?
Glass half full or Brain half empty?

I have great confidence in Australians, indigenous and all imports. My family has Gallipoli, Tobruk, New Guinea, Korea and Vietnam roots and a lot that worked for the good of their fellow Australians.

What 2020 has delivered, Hawaiian Shirts, Mega Climate induced Bushfires, Drought and Floods and a glimpse of things pandemic and future viral cross overs to humans as animal habitat diminishes, we hear of how hard it is with lockdown.

From a cloistered past since Vietnam, the young have lived in a fools paradise.
And then it happened (most didn't know what was really happening nor cared) ......
Globalisation .... cheap Chinese goods and a race to bottom in terms of Australian workers wages,
a conservative government that delivered Work Choices, Underemployed workers and a thing called Climate Change - "I think it's BS" (quote Tony Abbott)

Then the Sydney Morning Herald, a Murdoch paper no less, told us that 9 out of Australia's 10 largest companies paid no tax 2018-2019

Then, according to environmental scientists, pandemics that will kill humans are a real possibility for the future due to habitat destruction (multiple science papers in 2018)

Then Wuhan ...

We prefer happy good news than dismal scientific facts. But what does this lead to ? hoping it will all go away? it will not.

2021 will be a testing time for us, the planet we depend on and our kids future.
Watching droves of unmasked shoppers wandering around shopping centres on Boxing Day and New Years party bound to be similar, I wonder if we have what it takes to help ourselves?

Like Germany in the 1930's, Trump showed the world America's vulnerability to a lunatic.

I watched a clip of an interview with a 94yo man in the UK and the old fella was asked how he is going with the lockdown. He laughed and said, "So you think this is hard? try being a kid in the London underground in the arms of your grandma while the Nazi's above bombed the crap out of us"

Have we got what it takes?

Cheers

AnswerID: 634530

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Sunday, Dec 27, 2020 at 17:46

Sunday, Dec 27, 2020 at 17:46
"Then the Sydney Morning Herald, a Murdoch paper no less, "

Nope.

The SMH was a Fairfax paper, now owned by Channel 9.

But never Murdoch. If it was I would never have subscribed to it.
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 634532

Sponsored Links