So, help me out here fella's...

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 18:19
ThreadID: 14098 Views:1612 Replies:10 FollowUps:11
This Thread has been Archived
I truly adore Tracy, but I've got to come up with some really good going away excuses........

I'm sure you all have some that may have worked for you in the past, please share them!

Only criteria is, I still want to stay married!!

Tracy's still on about digging holes for footings under the house, I am trying to use the angle of "... look love, they are closing all the tracks, let's go while ther'e still open..."

I need serious help here, cause I havn't earned enough going away points under the house....

What would be really cool is if David could change that thing on my member page from PLOT POINTS to GOING AWAY POINTS.......?.... I could then say to Tracy.."Look, the tribe has spoken, I must depart!!" Extinguish my Dual Fuel Lantern and head off into the sunset...........

Whoa!! Sorry fella's... Reality just set in! Got all carried away with meself....
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 18:55

Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 18:55
What is it with young blokes? Scared of a slip in a skirt? Tut tut.

First thing you have to do is sow the seeds some while back. Then start mucking about with the truck on the pretext of the next trip. Then you have to say that maybe it is going to be a really rough trip and in the end you get a reply apologetically...sort of........" I don't really want to go camping but why don't you go with your mates? "

GONE............

OR

Mark on the calendar the date you are going on your next trip and ask if anyone has any complaints about that.

How does it sound when Darth Vader snores...like me missus at 4am !!!!
AnswerID: 64915

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 19:15

Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 19:15
Yo Willie.......

I thought we were the only ones posting for a while......

Quote"mark on the calendar the date you are going on your next trip and ask if anyone has any complaints about that. "

Tried that, true!! had it all marked out to go to Berri, and she goes in for an operation on her ears, how selfish is that? Dont need ears, do ya?

"What's that Tracy? Oh, nothing love, just checking on my Ebay account darling...... no..... I'm not talking to people about you.......yes okay, dinners ready........"

Gotta go!!!!!

I'm only taking the pis...

Just trying to change the subject from licences for 4 x 4s and stuff......

Can't wait till Skywalker, whoops...... Baz comes on line.........

Yeah, I'm bored........ someone jump in and take control..........this is usually where I bugger up big time........ heeeeeeelp.........

FollowupID: 325923

Follow Up By: Willem - Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 19:24

Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 19:24
I am amazed that you could be bored.

I have too much to do and run out of time each day. AND there is a list as long as....on the pegboard...and all my ideas too. In fact I am doing an inside job(buildong a cupboard) while chatting on EO and walking past SWMBO and uttering nice thgings ....hahahahaha
FollowupID: 325924

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 19:41

Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 19:41
Ah Ha......

Multitasking I see........

ALWAYS gotta have a few minutes to be bored......

I work sometimes 7 days @ week, + all the other things we do, still gotta be bored, life's not complete unless wer'e bored.......

Just gotta take a look at my dumb posts............. as long as it cheers a few souls...... that's boredom at it's best.

Cheers

Wolfie
FollowupID: 325931

Reply By: Bros - Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 19:01

Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 19:01
Wolfie,
What are you, a MAN or a mouse. Just tell her that you are going. When you get back and find her gone plus all of the furniture, then you know that she didn't love you anyway. (it might Work).
Cheers
Bros.
Work is the curse of the down and out bludger.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 64917

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 20:14

Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 20:14
Does furniture include.......

TV
Microwave
DVD Player
Drinks Fridge???
FollowupID: 325940

Follow Up By: Bros - Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 03:12

Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 03:12
Wolfie,
All of the above i'm afraid. (dont be so shallow as to admit these things mean something to you)

What about the HUNTER/GATHERER angle.

You need to reinforce these skills from time to time.
Cheers
Bros.
Work is the curse of the down and out bludger.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 325987

Reply By: Member - Roachie- Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 20:06

Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 20:06
Loner,

I reckon you should tackle the problem from another angle......

Tell her you're afraid that if you keep digging that bloody hole (cripes it must be pretty bloody deep by now.......either that or you need to remember to turn the jack-hammer on...LOL) well; you're afraid that the house might fall into the hole and implode. Tell her that you really don't care if that DOES infact happen, but you're only concerned that it'll happen while your down there 4 storeys underground...and worst of all you will have perished without seeing some very bloody interesting parts of 'stralia.
So she should have a heart and let you see some of your beloved 'stralia b4 you bury yourself in your own grave!!!!

Good luck.
AnswerID: 64931

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 20:13

Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 20:13
One day when I was digging, Tracy went upstairs to make some smoko.

Mark & I placed one on Kobi's bones in the hole. When Tracy came back down, I told her to come and have a closer look, hoping she would call a halt to the dig, and get the dudes from the University in with their Indiana Jones brushes & tweezers...

She just picked up the bone and threw it to Kobi........, and handed out the smoko....

God I love her!
FollowupID: 325939

Reply By: Sparkie - Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 20:13

Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 20:13
Just tell her you have a job to do up at the Cape. Tell her the pay is lousy,conditions terrible and have to work 7 days per week on it for the next 7 weeks but because you are a true professional you feel obligated to go.

Sparkie(IE not Y) ;-)
AnswerID: 64934

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 20:20

Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 20:20
Mmmmmmmm.......

Got a problem.......

Called WTS

Wild Turkey Syndrome, and what with the new alcohol laws in the cape, I don't reckon she'll fall for that one.
FollowupID: 325942

Reply By: andyg - Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 20:24

Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 20:24
l have the Nissen calender hanging on the back of the kitchen pantry door so every time she opens it its right in her face . As far as work around the house saving it for when l retire and to old to drive.

ANDY.
AnswerID: 64938

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 20:29

Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 20:29
Ahhhhhh!!!

I thought they broke that mould when I was born, I now have a twin!

" The best place to hide things is in plain sight "

Almost seems I'm making excuses to stay home.........mmmmmm........
FollowupID: 325946

Reply By: Nudenut - Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 20:52

Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 20:52
Okay so you want to stay married…..Crawler?

Tell her how much you love her and how much it breaks your heart not to be able to include her in one (or how many you want from time to time) in the trip…"You wont want to go with those ruffians i must! associate with"

If that fails get a good lawyer
AnswerID: 64943

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 22:00

Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 22:00
Lone Wolf,
No problems with my wife, I just tell her I am off to work and will see you on the 24th of Augest. Work every time.

Wayne
AnswerID: 64962

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie- Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 22:16

Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 22:16
Wayne,

I asked you b4......now what do I have to do.....BEG??????

Please STOP rubbing it in about that damn fine job you've got!!!! LOLOL

We're freezing our brass nuts off down here....have a heart...
FollowupID: 325964

Follow Up By: Wayne (NSW) - Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 12:13

Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 12:13
Roachie,
If you think I have it good, then I will tell you about another driver and his wife that will doing the Simpson,15 days, (east west) the same time I am doing (west east). They finish there trip in Alice Springs, a few days later they do the Kimberley trip,26 days, which I am back up for them. This trip finishes in Katherine. From there they go to Darwin to do the Gulf trip,21 days. This finishes in Cairns and from there they do the Cape York run, 19 days. They start there trips on the 5th July and finish on the 2nd of October, then they can go home. I bet you did not want to know that either.

Wayne
FollowupID: 326012

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie- Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 13:58

Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 13:58
Thanks soooo much for that Wayne!!! Now I feel a whole helluva lot better! LOL

Haven't you gotta diff to change or something instead of coming on here and making me feel like commiting hairy-carey???????????????

Have a safe one mate.

FollowupID: 326025

Reply By: Gajm (VIC) - Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 22:12

Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 22:12
Try bugging her for Humpy Pumpy everynight, it doesn't take long before they actualy say "you should get away for a while hun, it would do you good"
AnswerID: 64967

Reply By: Des Lexic - Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 15:49

Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 15:49
Wolfie, I know someone who could pass as a building inspector. Now for a fee, I whoops they could come around and declare the work non complying and put a cessasion of work order on your place. It could last up to 6 weeks before you are allowed to recommence work again.
Just trying to help.
AnswerID: 65063

Reply By: Member - PatC - Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 23:10

Friday, Jun 25, 2004 at 23:10
Try this one... "I've got to go and do a Trek Note for Explore Oz."

It got me a weekend pass.

However I did finish restumping first.. :~}
AnswerID: 65163

Sponsored Links