Nissan terrano 2 snorkel

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 04, 2021 at 09:20
ThreadID: 141040 Views:5037 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Good day everyone

I have purchased a Nissan terrano 2 and has been at me a year. during this past year i have done some basic TLC for the car getting back into good working order.

Now though I would like to start upgrading it a bit. first thing is adding a snorkel and changing the radio.

was wondering if anyone out there has run into some problems or has some helpful tips to avoid doing.

that would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Luke

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Hoyks - Friday, Feb 05, 2021 at 21:31

Friday, Feb 05, 2021 at 21:31
I had one years ago, good car, probably my favorite, but they would be getting a bit long in the tooth now.

Radio swap out was straight forward enough, it was just a standard single DIN model. Once you get the centre dash facia off there are just a couple of screws holding the radio in. A pocket full of in line crimps and a good set of pliers and it isn't a hard job.

Snorkel: no idea, there wasn't one available in Aus when I had mine. I looked at a couple but they didn't sit right and I'm not a fan of the stainless pipes.
Had it for 10 years and took it bush a lot, but didn't really need one though. I was mainly looking at a snorkel to get a bit more life from the air filters.

Don't be tempted to fit an oiled foam or K&N filter though, any oil blowing through them will get on the air flow sensor and stuff it up. An air filter was around the $50 mark, a flow sensor was $450 ($700+ from Ni$$an), so not really a good economic decision that.
AnswerID: 634986

Follow Up By: Luke M12 - Saturday, Feb 06, 2021 at 21:56

Saturday, Feb 06, 2021 at 21:56
thanks alot for the advice
FollowupID: 912437

Sponsored Links