Expanda caravans

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 07, 2021 at 00:53
ThreadID: 141047 Views:9615 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi ,I'm looking at buying a caravan to update our current one which has 2 single beds as my wife and I prefer our own bed, we've been looking online at the expanda caravans as my wife wants more stretching room and having a queen size at one end and a double at the other end (of course the wife gets the queen) could be a good fit, more distance from each other :) but because the two ends look like they are made from tent material the wife is a bit worried it might get a bit chilly while sleeping especially in colder climates, does anyone have any experience with this type of caravan
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - bbuzz (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 07, 2021 at 12:12

Sunday, Feb 07, 2021 at 12:12
I had a Windsor; same configuration.
Canvas walls and screen material behind zips.
I had privacy screens made up that hung about 15cm away from the van walls which also kept the rain off the OME material. But Jayco have such an arrangement I think.

Have you heard of Doonas?

They are all you need re warmth while sleeping. Do up the zips and no wind around your neck.

bill
Bill B

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 634990

Reply By: rumpig - Sunday, Feb 07, 2021 at 18:55

Sunday, Feb 07, 2021 at 18:55
Was out at Injune last July in our Expanda, was minus 4 there and yes it was pretty cold inside the van. With the right sleeping bag and blankets you do stay warm, but it was freezing outside of them. The beds are also a bit limited height wise as you get in and out of them, it’s one thing I don’t love about the van, but it’s not the end of the world either, more something to be aware of that you might hate.
AnswerID: 634996

Reply By: Kazza055 - Sunday, Feb 07, 2021 at 19:06

Sunday, Feb 07, 2021 at 19:06
Our first van was a poptop which we thought was rather cool but after going to a full caravan it was so much warmer.

I would never go back to a poptop and I put the expander style into the same category.
AnswerID: 634997

Reply By: 4wheelfun - Wednesday, Feb 10, 2021 at 15:27

Wednesday, Feb 10, 2021 at 15:27
Thanks for the feedback, we had a good think and not just because of the cold but also because of security reasons such as going out and leaving the ends down all someone would need is a sharp knife to break into your caravan so we have decided to get a proper caravan
AnswerID: 635022

Reply By: James B27 - Saturday, Feb 13, 2021 at 00:35

Saturday, Feb 13, 2021 at 00:35
Hi, my wife and I bought a Windsor a couple of years ago and we are quite comfortable, before that we went without our dog and left him in https://kip.com.au/, but he also liked it and now the dog travels with us!)
AnswerID: 635059

Sponsored Links